Ok, I’m in the market for a new vehicle, but I have a couple of problems in picking one:
- I’m handicapped. While currently I can get around with a cane, I will be needing to get around in a scooter in the not to distant future. I current have a scooter, but currently have no way to use it because it won’t fit into my current car without taking it apart first. I would like any new vehicle I get to be able to fit the scooter inside it.
- I’m a big guy, - 6’2" & 300+ - so I need a vehicle with a lot of head room, that’s easy to get into and out of, and is comfortable for a big guy to drive.
- Any new vehicle will likely have to be modified at some point to allow for brake and acceleration from the steering wheel column.
Given that, I realize I’m looking at like SUVs, Crossovers, Vans, & possible Trucks, but at this point I’m overwhelmed with the choices. So a couple of additional pieces of information maybe helpful.
- I live down South were seeing snow is a rarity, but not unheard and were the roads do Ice up from time to time in the winter.
- I drive like 98% of the time on just paved roads, only like 2% do I even have to go onto a dirt road.
- Most of the driving will be commuting.
- Given the choice, I’d prefer gas over diesel.
I want to open this up to any suggestion, because every vehicle I’ve look at so far has seemed to be good, but maybe not just right.