Longevity of timing belt, 90000 miles?

I’m up for a timing belt change again; but due to a cam seal leak. I have to change the timing belt every ~40K miles (3 times already) Is the 90000 miles ever achievable like the car manual suggests? Quite often, the change is due to a cam seal leak; but due to its placement on the Accord, I end up changing the timing belt and water pump too. Are there more durable cam seal out there so that I can get more miles on the entire water pump/timing belt system? Thanks!!

Honda dealership told me this week their timing belts are supposed to go 105K miles. I got over 100K miles on a 60K accord belt before. Try Honda seals. On my 89 the water pump is too new to replace so I will not when I do the timing belt.

There Are More Durable Cars. I’ve Never Had To Touch A Timing Belt On A Car Prior To The Recommended 105,000 To 120,000 Miles. Moreover, Several Of My Cars Have Chains.

CSA

Wow! How hot is the car running? I have an '87 Supra, and the timing belt gets replaced every 60,000 as recommended. I have 255,000 miles on it now, and just replaced the cam seals for the first time when I did the belt at 240,000.

Something must be eating the seals. My first guess would be hot oil sitting on the seal, cooking it. Is there any sludge build-up causing a drain problem with oil returnin to the pan.

The camshaft seal should last to each scheduled timing belt change, at about 100,000 miles. Mine have. Change the crankshaft seal, also.
If you are changing the camshaft seal for leaking, maybe somebody scratched the camshaft end where the seal rides. Closely examine this surface. You can burnish the sealing area with very fine emery cloth. Measure the camshaft end with a micrometer. It may be undersized; or, the seal may be oversized.
The seal could be installed backward. The lip goes first (inward).

If the cam seal is having to be changed every 40k miles then someone is diagnosing the leak wrong or screwing up the seal during installation. Something is being overlooked.

Don’t guess anyone’s checked the PCV valve to make sure the crankcase is not pressuring up and forcing oil out past the cam seal; or the crankshaft seal, etc.?