@strickerje

If you want to talk about your car, open a new thread

Please

BTW . . . my Camry was built in Kentucky

But as I said, please open another thread

@cdaquila

Please close this thread

Itā€™s taking on a second life

I bought a 2013 Sonic Hatchback, Lt Turbo with everything. now at 9000 miles we are super pleased with it, except for the depreciation. But 38 MPG will tend to average out the dep over other similar cars over time. All Happy Here :slight_smile:

I bought a new 2015 Chevy Sonic LT sedan. Actually a few months ago, I had problems with engine fan and A/C. Fortunately I was covered with my bumper to bumper warranty. Other than that, I still have no other problems with my car.

You bought a new 2015 Sonic that had sat on a lot for at least 2 years !

@cdaquila Requesting this thread be closed before it has another birthday.

1 Like

This thread will probably outlast the average Chevy Sonic!

5 Likes

Good one TSM ā€¦ lol ā€¦ One thing I like to do before choosing a car vendor is stop by the place beforehand and ask a few questions at the parts and the service departments. In my area the Nissan dealership comes out on top by that measure Toyota and Honda probably number 2, BMW a close 3, Hyundai and Kia 4, with Chevy and Mercedes at the end of the list. The lady at the Chevy parts department seemed like sheā€™d just rather I hadnā€™t come in at all. From her demeanor, she seemed she didnā€™t care whether I was a customer or not, but just someone to bother her.

George, you havenā€™t bought a car in a hundred years.

3 Likes

That is a perfect description of the white trash chick (she was definitely NOT a ā€œladyā€ā€¦) whom I had to deal with at a Sears parts counter several years ago. Her attitude made me feel like I shouldnā€™t go back there, andā€“Guess what?ā€“I never did.
:angry:

1 Like

Edmunds estimates that the cost for maintenance and repairs for the 2013 Honda Fit and the 2013 Sonic hatchback are the same. The estimate is for five years, and the Honda is about $300 more for maintenance and $300 less for repairs. Does that mean the Fit is a lousy car? The 2013 Yaris estimate is about the same for repairs as the other two cars. Is the Yaris a lousy car? More likely, the Sonic is a reliable alternative to either. The Sonic (and Fit) also have much lower estimated maintenance costs than the Yaris. Maybe prospective Yaris buyers should look at the Fit, and Sonic, as an alternative so that they can save over $1000 in the next five years fro maintenance.

JungleWorm didnā€™t say they bought a new 2 year old car, just that they bought a 2015 car new. probably, 2-3 years ago. a few months ago is when they had issues with it, not when it was purchased.

1 Like