Locking bumpers

Funny, just prior to getting to this post, I thought it should be named “Locking Horns”
:grinning:

2 Likes

Most? Not all? I don’t consider that poster to be a troll. I simply ignore the postings which don’t interest me. Seems simple enough. For those here who adamantly believe that particular poster is a troll, putting them on your “ignore” list is pretty simple. Then you’ll never see their postings again. Easy peasy. Please stop cluttering the forum with supposed problems which you can easily ignore.

1 Like

So show us your list of supposed trolls. If you arennot able to name them, please stop cluttering the forum with complaints about unnamed posters. And put them on your ignore list, so you won’t have to ever see their postings again. If you don’t do that, we can only assume you enjoy reading their postings.

For crying out loud George. What is wrong with you?

1 Like

It is better to get angry and pound on your desk.

Robert likes to add details which have already been discussed, just to get a reaction. For example: draining engine oil all night. They take the bait and he gets 40 replies, who fault is that?

2 Likes

lol … lol … lol … 10 char min

How true. Why not give it a rest. George will be George.

Reminds me of a small child that keeps saying I know you are, what am I?.. Sad really…

A large percentage of George’s worthless posts are in response to complaints by yourself and others.

A large percentage of your worthless posts are complaints about George and others.

Is it possible that you don’t see the simple solution?

1 Like

This forum averages only 3 new topics each day and most are from Car Complaints. People must be afraid of being attacked and insulted by George, or Robert might post something weird. Yup, that’s the problem.

1 Like

I never came across the guy in question or I might have but if I’m allowed to say anything on this topic then I would like to say I like George as a person for his positive outlook on things. I’ve never seen George criticizing or judging anyone on here; he keeps things positive and shares what he knows.

He’s one of the guys who make CarTalk feel like home :+1:

Posting ones laughable oil obsession of draining oil overnight taking no more time and getting more dirty oil out of today’s tighter-tolerance engines is a “troll”?

Now time to drain Letsuck’s “permanent transmission fluid” with World Standard ATF in the Continously Variable Transmisson. (CVT)
The transmission fluid does not need to be replaced unless an inspection shows it has become necessary .

Won’this be fun!

speaking of someone driving a 1992 Toyota Corolla :wink:

You can flag and remove whatever posts you like, but that doesn’t change the fact they were liked and many feel I hit the nail on the head

And I’ll go one step further . . . you are a big part of why this forum is becoming ever less enjoyable for many of the regulars

And I’ve never locked bumpers, btw

I slightly disagree as one who has been around here maybe over 30 years. It was more fun when there was a little more variety in what subjects pop up. Now the thought police flag and criticize anytime things get a little varied.

There seems to be a struggle with people who are full time mechanics that just can’t stand a comment from a non mechanic. Fun? Ya think that’s fun or even interesting? People coming here likely are diy people or used to be. No reason to not stray into diy issues from time to time. I’m not interested in food culture or what mechanics eat or grandmas recipe but maybe some are if they bring it up.

1 Like