Locking bumpers

I’m another one, most will not say anything… lol

I can’t even find my old post using it…

Re: Usefulness of forum search tool

You seem to be allowing that sometimes it is useful.

Suggest to try the advanced search. That’s what I usually use.

https://community.cartalk.com/search

A stopped clock has the correct time twice a day, doesn’t make it a reliable source for time now does it??..

I find it entertaining that you would think that you are the only one that knows to do that… Every Forum I have ever run, owned or been a member of in anyway has always had a search section… It’s nothing new…

I have read a ton of threads on here and have yet to see a thank you for the search thingy suggestion you gave them…

1 Like

I’m having a difficult time understanding the complaint. If you think the forum search tool is worthless, why not simply ignore its mention? Is it really that important that you have to insist that nobody here be allowed to mention it?

I seldom see any thank you’s for anybody’s help here. The OP asks a question or two, asks for a recommendation, and usually you never hear from them again. That’s just the way internet forums work, thank-you’s are not required, and only serve to clutter the forum.

1 Like

You always miss the point and comeback with something else…

We will just have to agree to disagree…
Moving on…

2 Likes

That’s a good solution. Best to simply ignore it when I mention the forum search feature.

I won’t beat around the bush

That’s not the only thing we have an issue with

3 Likes

We? So far only one other poster has said they agree w/your preference that I don’t mention the forum search feature. The vast majority clearly either don’t care or agree w/me. As you know there’s no restriction here about mentioning the forum search feature. You of course have the right to hold your own opinion. In fact you have several options which will guarantee you won’t see my mentioning the forum search feature again:

• Switch to a different internet forum you like better, one which doesn’t have a search feature
  • Place me on your list of ignored posters (I know for a fact that this works)
  • Persuade the forum admins to remove the forum search feature entirely
1 Like

Count again sir… I counted a total of 5 regulars, just doing a quick look on this thread alone…

That is all I am saying… moving on…

1 Like

You are the only one I’m seeing (besides db4690 of course).

BTW, if my posts bother you so much, why don’t you put me on your ignore list? Then you won’t have to ever see them. Seems better than cluttering the forum with a topic which is only interesting to you and db4690.

That would eliminate half the activity on the forum.

No new topics yesterday, time for you to ask a new question that causes false turmoil.

I thought I was pretty clear . . .

It’s not JUST you mentioning the forum feature that concerns people

Another thing you do that irks many regulars is that you give credibility to trolls . . . we all know they’re trolls, yet you go out of their way to respond to their ridiculous questions and comments as if these trolls are genuinely interested and seeking advice, which we know they’re not

The trolls just want attention . . . and you’re actively feeding them

2 Likes

You need to look a little harder then, you also have to count the thumbs up, but 3 of us posted about it here, other 2 are thumbs up… If you can’t figure out who, then that is on you… And it has been mentioned many times on many other threads, but you tend to skip most post and ask questions that have already been answered or something, just like you miss everyone asking you not to do stuff and all the thumbs up they get… So I guess it is no surprise you only count 2 on this thread…

I am only posting about this again, cause you are completely clueless about it…

And if we put you on the ignore list then half the thread would not make since when others are correcting you, or asking you stop rubber stamping post with the same answers or comparing your 30yo Corolla and 50yo Ford with modern technology vehicles… It would be like me mentioning my fun car and comparing it in every post I made, it would be of no help to 99.99% of the OP’s asking questions…
And If I don’t know about a topic being asked, I stay out of it and let the grown ups discus it, but you have to be in on every thread rather you know anything about it or not… Yes, it is a free forum, and yes you can give your opinion on every thread, but you can also take it to far, and just running up your post count just trying to have the most post only benefits you and no one else…

And you are one of the main clutterers on the forum, and the sad part is you can’t see it… Just lick your wounds and move on sir…

1 Like

Who are these supposed “trolls” ? If everyone here concurs with your assessment on the list of folks here who are “trolls”, I’ll not reply to any of their posts. But you’ll have to show me the list of known trolls.

One accomplishment from this discussion which is good imo at reducing forum clutter , you seem to no longer have complaints about the merits of forum search feature. As you’ve discovered, that dog don’t hunt.

1 Like

You can’t figure that out ? You can’t be that dense.

1 Like

The “troll patrol” is a bigger problem than the trolls. People with nothing to offer, looking for misspelled words, spam, too many replies, too old of a topic and bickering about anything and everything.

3 Likes

I doubt any list of trolls can ever be agreed on … lol … but I’m happy to consider any list proposed.

“locking bumpers” turned out to be a pretty good thread name … lol …

Actually locking bumpers was simply a trip back to the fifties. Of little interest today.

2 Likes

I think most of us can agree @Robert-Gift is the very definition of a troll

But I wouldn’t at all be surprised if you can’t . . . or refuse to . . . seem him as such

There are others who are extremely thin-skinned and/or annoying . . . But Robert Gift is 100% a troll, imo

And you go out of your way to give him credibility . . . you’re doing NOBODY any favors by doing so, as I see it

4 Likes

The invisible snowflake is another…

1 Like