Linglong tires

Mike,my boss has over 100K on a set of Michelins on his 4WD Silverado and they are still going strong,he doesn’t abuse them,rotates at 5K and the chevy 4wd seems to hold its alignment well,so I will always recommend Michelins and actually I have got good service out of tires like Lee "Superide " for example,but the old budget special (Montgomery Ward) tires didn’t amount to much-Kevin

Mike,my boss has over 100K on a set of Michelins on his 4WD Silverado and they are still going strong

That’s NOT the norm…and way past what Michelin rates their tires.

The Michelin tires I’ve owned in the past I was getting about 70k miles. Then I switched to Cooper when the same Michelin tires I bought 2 years earlier all of a sudden jumped $50/tire. The Coopers I usually get about 60k miles. And they cost about $70 LESS per tire. Now if I bought some passenger tires like many people have on their SUV’s then I could eve do better then that…but I need AT tires for the dirt roads I travel during the summer (even with my pop-up) and for winter snow.

Just to be clear, the boys are 16 and were willing to change tire, we had no jack and were on the State Highway in New York with very little shoulder. We were lucky to find a shoulder of any kind to pull over on. Luckily the State Police came to our rescue and called a tow truck. Incidentally, if you have AAA and they are not allowed access to the State Parkway, AAA will reimburse you for the tow and or tire change, just send them a letter explaining the situation and the bill. As for the tires, my gut feeling is to buy four new tires.

I’d go with your guy feeling.

I have 2 linglong tires on the back of my Ranger. Very good ride and excellent traction. I replaced 2 Uniroyal Tigerpaws because the Tigerpaw tire on the left rear came apart violently at only about 50 mph. The Tigerpaws still had 5/32s tread left and they were Made in USA. As for the Crosswind 4X4 Hp’s only time will tell. So far I’m pleased with both traction and ride.

Yes, Michelins are very durable. In fact we have yet to wear our a set. My wife’s 1994 Nissan Sentra was sold with 10 year old Michelins still on them and with a good deal of tread left. My 1988 Caprice had Michelins on it and had about 100,000 miles on them when I sold the car

We have winter tires from Michelin (X-ICE) on both out 2012 Mazda and 2007 Toyota. Still have 3/4 of the tread left after 6 months of winter use per year.

One more fish in the net.
6 years later. :relaxed:

1 Like

Now that we are back to present day. . . Linglong tires? Sorry, not for me. I have nothing against Michelin but I replaced the ones on our Acura at 40,000. I think they were down to 3/32 or close. I was going to just put another set on but got the Goodyear Weather Ready and am very happy with them. I also use Generals on the Pontiac. So I’m between $600 and $1000 for a set of tires but gee, do you really want Linglong going 70 plus mph? I do agree when I traveled I used to use Goodyear and I’d get anywhere up to 110,000 on a set, no bulges or problems. I got a set of farm store (might have been Coopers) and problems developed before the tread was worn. Cost per mile was cheaper with the Goodyears.

Okay, lets just continue, no harm done.
We have Ling Long (nicknamed Ching-Chong) over here also and - though I wouldn’t even have one of those on my wheel barrow - I have never heard of something inherently dangerous about them. I have tried cars with them on - not impressed. I can even remember some even worse tires, but they disappeared from the market quite fast.
Probably still sold in UK.

Here’s a short discussion of Chinese tires, and they mention Ling Long specifically, and not in a good light.

They are factory tires on some VW sold here now…couldnt believe it. Saw it at DC autoshow,

[https://www.tyrepress.com/2018/09/linglong-to-supply-vw-renault-from-serbia-plant/]

I’ll never buy them, but I am admittedly closed minded about these things.

Great , a revived old post about tires that most people would not put on any decent vehicle and then someone who has been on this site for 3 years gets a reply.

Yes, but I have a perfect slogan for Linglong’s tire ads–if they ever decide to advertise:
Linglong tires love you long time!
:wink:

2 Likes

The only good news is she should have paid about $50 each for the LingLongs. It sounds like everyone took advantage of her on that trip.

Hahahahaha…yes…nothing like family.