Lift kits

i wanna put a lift kit on my 87 pathfinder but i was wondering if i would have to change the gears, if so how would i change them?

There’s no real reason to change the gearing…unless you want to outfit it for rock crawling or some other serious off-road pursuit.

Depending on the amount of lift, be prepared to repair universal joints more often.

Be sure and verify your brake lines aren’t stressed, or are long enough to accomodater the lift.

Are you changing your tire size? From what to what?

“There’s no real reason to change the gearing…unless you want to outfit it for rock crawling or some other serious off-road pursuit.”

Completely disagree. If the OP wants to lift his Pathfinder, he’s probably going fit larger tires to it. If you go more 2 inch’s taller than stock (in terms of tires) you pretty much have to regear in order to preserve on-road performance, because the effective axle ratio is changed due to the difference in tire circumference. The bigger the tires, the worse the performance (and often fuel mileage) gets. When I put 33’s on my Bronco I went with 4.56 gears, 4.10’s would’ve put me back to stock, but I went with 4.56’s for a little better on road performance. With the larger tires and the stock 3.55 gears the effective gear ratio would’ve been around 2.90-3.04, which makes for sluggish performance on and off-road.