Lexus RX300 problem

I need help trying to figure out what is going on with my Lexus. its a 2002 Lexus Rx300. The recent problem that I have been having is that various times when I go to accelerate my car from a stop position, i.e. stop sign, red light, my car will act as if something is getting stuck at the front right wheel pulling my car to the right and not allowing me to accelerate. It will make a grinding sounding noise. I have to usually lift my foot off the accelerator, straighten out the wheel and then press the gas again for the car to move. Sometimes the action it strong enough it causes the ‘Slip Indicator’ light to come up on my dash. It will happen at almost every stop light so driving in the city it gets rather annoying. At long distances on highways everything is fine because I’m not in a stop and go situation. My mechanic can’t seem to figure out what the problem is so nothing has been fixed about it. Any ideas?

Sounds like it could be a stuck caliper.

Slip Indic means trac control is engaging. Which applies brakes to that wheel. Could be wheel speed sensor. Or wheel bearing since sensor is integral to bearing. U could pull fuse for trac cntl and see if issue stops.

my mechanic ruled out it being a stuck caliper since the car would still drift down a hill in neutral. So if the car seems to be pulling on the front right tire does that mean the sensor is going bad in that wheel or could it still be any of them?

Try unplugging and replugging the right front ABS sensor connection near the wheel.

my mechanic ruled out it being a stuck caliper since the car would still drift down a hill in neutral.

That is not a valid test to determine if it’s a stuck caliper.

If your mechanic with the car in his hands can’t diagnose this problem with this many symptoms, I’d find a different mechanic. Any Toyota mechanic is fine, this is a modified version of a Toyota Highlander and shares a lot of parts with the Camry.