Lexus ES350 Vacuum Line

I broke this line as shown in the photo. The Lexus is a 2007 ES350. The line leads to a solenoid… does anyone know what this is for? There is no apparent problem that I can see… but what is it? Should I be concerned??

Thanks
Charlie

I don’t recognize what that part is. But it looks like it is part of the air intake path. If so, that device (looks like a vacuum operated gadget of some kind, not a solenoid) may be there to direct warm air into the engine until the engine warms to operating temperature.

You might can get by ok w/out that function in your climate, but you definitely need to make sure the vacuum hose isn’t causing a vacuum leak, otherwise you’ll be overly leaning out the mixture and that will eventually cause check engine light problems.

Those little buggers break when you even look at them funny. Bad part is they only come with the entire air box, but they are also easy to fix. You will need some JB Kwick and a spray straw from a can of WD40 or similar. Start by cutting the straw about 1.5 inches, make sure the ends are open and not kinked. Next make sure the straw can slide in both ends where the line broke, do not remove the broken piece from the vacuum hose. If necessary drill out the hole so the straw slides in, usually you only have to do this to the actuator. Once the straw slides in both pieces mix up your JB Kwick. Insert the straw slightly into the actuator, then use a toothpick to apply JB Kwick around the straw and insert it about half way in, keep the half sticking out clean and allow it to cure for about 5 minutes. Next mix up some more JB and apply it to the portion of the straw sticking out, leave the first quarter inch clear, now slide the vacuum hose over the straw and hold it still for a minute or two.Once done this will be stronger than new.

Wow… quick, easy and almost free!! Thank you very, very much, SteveC76… !!

We all love a little JB Weld! Gets you out of all kinds of jambs.

I went to the hardware store last weekend for some JB b/c Tom and Ray said it worked good for them on the show recently. But when I got to the glue section, I discovered at least 6 different versions of JB. One for wood, one for plastic. ?Etc etc. I left in a state of confusion. Well, that is my usual state, but I left w/out making a purchase. What do you experts recommend? What type of JB for what type of material?

http://cycleplicity.com/products/352799-jb_weld_8276__j_b_kwik.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=352799NOFITMENT&utm_campaign=GSNOFITMENT&adtype=pla&kw=&utm_term=&adpos=1o4&network=g&gclid=CI-1wfC-rsQCFYNsfgodok0APg I prefer the Kwick because time is money. If you are not worried about cure time regular JB Weldhttp://www.autobarn.net/ch8265-s.html?site=google_base&gclid=CIXOhbe_rsQCFcRffgodpyAARg