Leather Seats and Dash

Greetings from Cincinnati
I have an old (2001) Jaguar with leather seats and dash. What can I put on or rub into these seats and dash to prevent them from cracking?

Everything I find at the auto store has petroleum distillates or silicone in them. Would it be logical to use hand lotion or moisturizing body lotion?

I guess you can tell I have never had a car with leather seats.

Just a leather cleaner and saddle soap as a conditioner. I use Lexol the most. Don’t know if it has petroleum distilates or not but works to preserve the leather.

I use this http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/leather+care+16+ounces.do?sortby=ourPicks

Leatherique is generally considered to be hands-down the best. It’s a 2-stage system. You put the restorer on on a hot day, then leave it for awhile, and then clean it off with the cleaner.

My TL is 7 years old with 80,000 miles and the (thin, low-grade) factory leather still looks great. It gets Leatherique once or twice a year. Usually once, because I keep forgetting to do the 2nd treatment before winter hits.

It’s kinda expensive, though. The 2 bottles will cost around 50 bucks together, but they’re big and will last a long time.