Leaky power steering hose

I have a leaky power steering hose in my 94 lex es300. It is an expensive replacement. I just keep adding fluid. Is there any problem with this. The fluid lasts about a week.

It is leaking because it probably has hardened and is cracked some place. When it finally fails, you will be stranded. Bite the bullet and get it replaced. thatwill porbably be cheaper in the long run than adding fluid every week.

Eventually the leak will get bad enough that it coats the exhaust manifold and will catch fire. The entire engine compartment will by then by covered in power steering oil, so it’ll burn like a tinderbox.

Good enough reason to fix it?

Many car parts stores like O’Reillys or NAPA will repair an old hose or make a new one from scratch if the old hose is taken in.

Seems like the last hose I had made up ran about 26 dollars.

It is an expensive replacement.

It sounds like you need my dealer repair info.

Dealers are no better (or worse) than independent mechanics for almost anything you might need done on your car.  They will almost always charge more per hour and often more for parts and supplies.  They also tend to look at repairs a little different than the independent. 

A dealer may well recommend work that strictly may not be needed, but could be connected to the problem or maybe replace a part when a little repair would fix it ALMOST as good a new.  

There is no need to bring your car to the dealer for any service other than service that is going to be paid for by a recall or original warrantee. 

I suggest that most people would be better off finding a good independent (Not working for a chain) mechanic.