Leaky passat

I have a 2005 vw passat that after it rains the floor in the rear of the car is soaked. It started on the right side and now is on the left side. All the door seals are in good shape as well as the sunroof although i suspect it could be a sunroof drain hose that has come loose or possibly disconnected inadvertently by my idiot son who wired up speakers to annoy everyone and set off car alarms. Before i rip the interior apart any bright ideas?

First, extract the lad’s fingernails.

Next, do you have a Passat repair manual? It could tell you what to look for, like where the drain lines (if any) are. If it’s the roof, wouldn’t the headliner be discolored by now?

i suspect it could be a sunroof drain hose that has come loose or possibly disconnected or maybe clogged with some debris. That would be where I would look first.

I believe you have four drains, one at each corner. If you pour water into each one, you should find the water draining out under the car for each one.

thanks for the response. advise on fingernails well taken. I did some further looking and found the cover and filter to the fresh cabin air intake missing and probable cause of water inliltration

An improperly installed intake filter on my relatives Jetta caused a major water leak. I think you likely nailed it.