Last owner

$100 CAR KEYS LAST OWNER DID NOT TURN IN SECOND KEY HOW DO I CONTACT THEM

Private Detective,I found a guy that owed my ex-wife money like this.Cost me more than $100.00, he still didnt pay.

hopefuly, backtrack through the dealer, reminding them that vehicles come with two keys and there is an inherent security issue when there is an active key out there. If the dealer will get key number two programmed up for you then the missing key will not work ( electronicaly )except to open the doors (mechanicaly). Otherwise, maybe the brand dealer can track repair history and learn the previous owner but I’m not sure. Here at my ford dealer I’ve seen it possible if it has been serviced here throughout it’s history.

Just buy a new key. Even if the DMV would tell you who they were (and they may not due to privacy issues) you have no power to make him give you the key anyway.

You bought the car “as-is”, complete with one key. Another key isn’t his responsibility. It’s yours.

You can contact them and see if they have the other key. The DMV may be willing to help. Apparently you did not buy directly from the previous owner or you would know where they are. Ask the dealer to provide the address or maybe they will call for you. Unless the dealer promised more than one key, you may be stuck. Given that, you should remain calm and respectful. No one owes you a key, but you still may be able to get one if you play it right.