Klatu barrato nicto

I thought I was the only person who recalled that line from"The Day the Earth Stood Still." Apparently I am not the only person who recalls useless trivia.

No, I am also a veritable storehouse of useless information.

Isn’t that kind of like saying you thought you were the only person who remembered the line “I can do kung-fu!”

Yes, I know the Keanu Reeves version was a remake.

Useless trivia would be knowing that you misspelled it. :wink:

Ahem, Gort klaatu barada nikto.

I don’t think anyone saw the Keanu version.

Here is the link to the giant white ball.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&rls=en&q=keller+smithfield+road,+keller,+tx&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x864dd6df65d1e171:0x8fd7f1f2f6559a54,Keller+Smithfield+Rd,+Keller,+TX+76248&gl=us&ei=ZhK3Tq-NMK79iQL509g7&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBQQ8gEwAA

“In its opening week, the film took top spot at the U.S. box office and has since grossed over $230 million worldwide.”

I have the original movie at home on tape in my SciFi collection. It’s a true masterpiece.

I was unaware that they’de remade it with Keanu Reeves. Have they no class whatsoever? Have they no originality? Has Hollywood become so berift of imagination that all they can do is try to remake old classics?

Imagine if painters stopped creating original paintings and all started painting “modernized” versions of masterpieces, and sculptors only recreated sculpture? Imagine them reinterpreting Michaelangelo’s “Pieta” (either version…he did two), or repainting the Sistine Chapel?

Sorry for the rant. They should be ashamed o themselves.

I saw the remake with Keaune Reeves…They changed the story completely…it was basically a special effects movie. The original (while had no where near the special effects) was FAR FAR better. It was a true masterpiece. One of the best Si-Fi’s ever made.

In the new version…Klatu…was sent to earth to destroy it…The original…he was sent to give it a warning…

I HATE it when they do these remakes and completely mess it up. They did the same with another of my favorite movies…“The flight of the Phoenix”.

“Has Hollywood become so berift of imagination that all they can do is try to remake old classics?”

If only - check out the “Flinstones”, “Scooby Doo”, etc, etc, etc…

Have they no originality? Has Hollywood become so berift of imagination that all they can do is try to remake old classics?

I don’t mind them remaking classics…My youngest LOVED the remade version…I showed him the original…he left the room after 20 minutes. I just wished they kept close to the original. I still haven’t seen the new “True Grit”…I’m afraid I’ll be ruined for life (although I’ve heard good things about the movie).

See True Grit - I liked it more than the original, the young (and correct age, unlike the original) actress is amazing.

I was a HUGE John Wayne fan growing up…that’s why my hesitation. But I may break-down and watch it.