Keep my old car?

I have a 2000 Honda Accord V6 w/ 112,000 miles on it. I’m only owner. Since 2001, it has had all scheduled maintenance + new alternator, brakes, tires, battery. Can I expect it to go 200,00 miles?

Keep up the good care and it should easily go to 200,000 miles.

If you do this with ANY newer car, and continue to do this, you should easily see 200k miles and beyond. Brakes, tires, and battery are maintenance and wearable items. Your only repair so far is an alternator.

Your automatic transmission is biggest “weakness” in your car. If you have kept up with transmission service and fluid changes it might make 200K miles.

The rest of the car will go well beyond 200K. If you don’t mind getting a new or rebuilt transmission, if yours gives out, the car should go for as long as you wish. All you have to do is continue to maintain it and repair it as needed.

You probably have a timing belt that needs replacing unless this was included in the scheduled maintenance that was done. If it breaks, it breaks your whole engine.

Be gentle with the transmission, change the tranny fluid regularly.

Any modern car goes 200k miles with regular maintenance. The question is if any major repars occur between then and now. Even then it simply costs money but the car will still work if you fork over the money.