Justice is served

I think the correct term is “poetic justice”.

2 Likes

C’mon… Car-ma for Karma… that’s gold, I’m tellin’ ya, gold!

I’m among the posters who think it isn’t really “justice” so much as Karma.

The principle of karma , wherein intent and actions of an individual (cause) influence the future of that individual (effect)… (from Wikipedia.)

Bad things happen as a result to those who do bad things.

Looked up “poetic justice” and it does appear to fit pretty well here, too…“the punishment of vice, especially in an ironic manner”

2 Likes

I can assure you that around here, it was more than a slap on the wrist. Maybe for the pastor’s son, but not others. And back to cars. I was a very good driver.

1 Like

I understand that there is a pretty decent black market for Prius converters. I heard that one Prius converter is worth three “regular” SUV converters. Also valuable are the diesel converters, we saw a rash of thefts of both Prius and diesel converters around here last year.

3 Likes

Should I edit the title to say “Poetic justice is served” . . . ?!

:laughing:

Our fleet’s vehicles have been hit hard

It’s usually trucks and SUVs that have the cats stolen . . . but there have also been a few Priuses

The thieves seem to have taken a particular liking to Ford SuperDuty models

Screw around, screw around, pretty soon you won’t be around.

I work on cars. I have two 2-1/2 ton floor jacks, jack stands, etcetera. I can get a car up to do brakes or whatever, but I won’t go underneath a jacked up car to work (and it’s seldom ever been necessary). I get instant homesickness under there.

I use solid wood low-ramps (planks screwed to planks, 2" x 12" x several feet, to get enough clearance to reach an oil filter or drain plug.

That said, I’d nominate a squished cat converter or whatever squished thief for the prestigious :trophy: Darwin Award.

I have a zero tolerance policy for thieves and other criminals. I don’t tolerate law breakers, especially idiots screwing with my stuff.

I believe they have an idea what could happen to them and they accept the risks. They roll the dice and take their chances. Feeling lucky? Well do ya punk?

Near this neighborhood, a while back, a thief was burgling parked cars. Somebody’s doorbell alerted them. Police were called. Manatee County launched their helicopter and watched the fool from high above (night-vision technology). A K-9 SUV was dispatched. A K-9 unit chased the guy through a residence where the guy leaped off a dock into Palma Sola Bay. The dog leaped. Dog caught man. Man with dog attached, came to shore, was arrested, taken to ER and treated for multiple bite injuries, and went to jail. Manatee County takes a bite out of crime.
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

2 Likes

speaking of taking a bite out of crime, anybody else remember this guy?

Was it McGruff . . . ?!

5 Likes

I’m not sure I would have jumped in there at night. You know snakes and reptiles. OK I’ll make fun of my self again but it’s funny anyway. Last year we rented a house in Florida with BIL and SIL. We got the bedroom with a view of the pool. The first morning I woke up and looked out the sliding door and go “OMG there’s an alligator by the pool”. It took a few minutes and realized it was a life like ceramic and not real. Minnesotans can be kinda jumpy about those things.

1 Like

That’s why they put them out.

Yeah, that detective dog is McGruff.

We had the theft of a box that Mrs. Triedaq had ordered from Amazon and arrived a day earlier than expected. Our doorbell rang and a couple that had been out walking said that they saw a boy on a bicycle stop down the street, open a box, then threw the box to the side of the road. The couple that came to my door had inspected the box and saw our address on the box. I went down the street and retrieved the box. It contained cat food my wife had ordered. Apparently, the thief was expecting something better than what he had stolen.

3 Likes

Mr. Obvious, here…
I’m no super-sleuth, but I’d deduce that the perpetrator was not a cat burglar :smirk_cat:.

You must have tried blowing the mower up, again. Otherwise, Mrs. Triedaq would probably be feeding you better.
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

2 Likes

@common-sense-answer Actually, I think the cat food is more expensive than what we eat. Mrs. Triedaq has turned our cats into fussy eaters. Our local pet store was out of the food our cats liked, so Mrs. Triedaq ordered the cat food from Amazon. At least the cat burglar didn’t want the food. I guess he didn’t realize the box contained $48 worth of cat food.
I guess many pet owners think animals prefer expensive food. When Mrs. Triedaq and I were dating, she went to the grocery store with me. I picked up a bag of house brand dog food off the shelf. Mrs. Triedaq said, “Is that what you feed your dog”? “Yes”, I replied. “He is just a little cheap pup I got at the pound”. Another shopper heard me say that and she reamed me out about mistreatment of animals. That rescue dog lived to be 15 and he thrived on that food.
As far as lawnmowers are concerned, I have had two of my three mowers bite the dust in the last two years. In 1992, I bought a Homelite-Jacobsen 20" recycling push mower that I really liked. It started burning oil badly a couple of years ago. I fed it 10W-30 synthetic oil and it cut the oil consumption by 75% . However, it started burning oil near the end of last season and the compression is so bad that the mower has no power. Most of the parts are no longer available. The handle broke and I repaired it with a piece of electrical conduit. The cable that stops the mower when the handle is released broke and a replacement is no longer available, so I wired the safety control in the on position on the engine. I don’t think it’s worth trying to get a short block for the engine. I bought a used battery Black and Decker mower from a friend about five years ago. The batteries only lasted one season. I bought new lead acid batteries and the mower was good for two seasons. I again bought new batteries. I installed the batteries and the mower ran ten minutes and the controller panel burned out. The replacement part is no longer available. I junked that mower. I still have an 18" Toro push mower I bought when we lived at a place with a smaller yard. I was finishing the season with the 18" Toro, but it would just start and then die. It has a Tecumseh engine and I didn’t think parts were available since Tecumseh engines are no longer made. However, I took that mower to my local independent hardware store that employes a genius with small engine. He rebuilt the carburetor and that 33 year old mower runs like a new mower. Maybe I can get several more seasons out of this mower. I am sure a new battery mower with the lithium ion batteries are better.
I don’t have to blow up lawnmowers. They just die on their own.

3 Likes

OK, I see now. Man, I totally missed that!

1 Like

I don’t have a cat we feed the birds and have to order it from Amazon. The kind that birds like but squirrels don’t. Had a mower like that at the cabin though. Would shut off when the lever was released. I just used a zip tie to keep it on all the time. Suppose it cost extra for that safety feature. I do the same thing with my snow blower to keep the auger on all the time. Still got all my fingers and toes.

First thing I do when I buy a top loader clothes washer is disable the lid switch that stops it from spinning or agitating.
I could tolerate when it only stopped the spinning, but I want to see if the water level is adequate for good agitation.
I can add more water or clothes as needed.
I know there are more sophisticated front loaders etc., but I get 20+ years out of a basic Whirlpool.

+1
:+1:
Ditto!

Seriously , I think the the water level sensors can handle that function.

If I represent one of those sides, I think perhaps I haven’t fully explained my feelings on this issue. Like you, I’m not going to lose any sleep over this, or over the physical harm of any other thief caught in the act. Like you, I also sympathize with the victims of theft. Hell, I empathize with the victims of theft as much as I do the dead person.

2 Likes

When I was a kid I had a great aunt, “Ruth”.
For her 80th birthday her kids bought her an automatic washer.
She did not like that, so they exchanged it for what was probably one of the last available tub and ringer jobs.

When my elderly parents needed to replace their kitchen sink, I urged them to get a modern “lever” style of faucet set that would likely never need maintenance. Instead, they bought what had to be the last separate hot & cold knob faucet sets in town. And, of course, I had to replace the washers for them every couple of years.

1 Like