Just a suggestion

Well I cant get in,tried everything-however this old computer has been giving me a time-Kevin

Thereā€™s another website populated by a few former Cartalk Cafe Dartre people (including me). There is no moderator there and there are many intelligent people with strong opinions - but troll behavior is very rare.

Itā€™s likely that you will feel that youā€™ve crashed some type of private party when you get there but I assure you that all new posters and their ideas and attitudes are very welcome.

Check it out - registration is easy and immediate - http://www.theplanbforum.com/forum/

very interesting joe guyā€¦

i registered, @JoeGuy , have not been activated thoā€¦

it says if I have problems with activation conact an administrator, but I don t see how to contact them

Itā€™s been a while since I registered but I think you should have gotten an email from an administrator when you registered and a response is needed to complete the registration.

If thatā€™s not a solution, let me know and Iā€™ll contact one of the admins to see whatā€™s going on.

yeah I received no email at all @JoeGuy. there was a lot of intelligent and interesting stuff there.
I like the le chat house site as well, but there is not much activity thereā€¦

I even tried to re register, but since my e mail is already in use now, from my first registration, I could not

I registered awhile back. Never got approved. Resent activation email. Still havenā€™t gotten approved. Honestly, I give up - if a forum canā€™t process new registrations within a week, itā€™sā€¦ Shall we say, in need of better management.

Finally got through to LCH, a lot of interesting potential and people there-Kevin

Iā€™ve passed on your concerns, wesw. Iā€™m not sure if shadowfax was referring to Plan B or Le Chat House but I mentioned both names and registration problems.

FWIW - the admins are in Australia and Britain, so that may affect their timing.

thank you joe

I cannot get onto Le Chat House, even following weswā€™s helpful directions.

I canā€™t wait, theres so many things I would like to discuss with you good folks.

I was referring to LCH.

Okay, shadowfax. I thought that might be the case.

To wesw -

I was just notified that you have been registered at Plan B - http://www.theplanbforum.com/forum/index.php

thank you joe. I ll check it out

i was able to log in successfully to plan b. thanks again

I think LCH ,died a natural death ,after the mainstays passed on and the most of the others absconded .

lots of great comments but they seem to refer to several different sites and Iā€™m having trouble distinguishing which is whichā€¦

I think most of the comments are about the le-chat-house site ??

Le Chat is dead just waiting for the subscription to run out. Tragically the one remaining administrator was killed in a car accident and the other died of cancer. There was no back up plan since it was an upstart from Car Talk way back when they changed their format. I was involved until they required mail in registration and then I just didnā€™t bother and no one missed me. Seemed like kind of a closed club.

The one I really miss is my wood working board that died when the server blew up. You get to know people and who to rely on and then all of a sudden the doors are locked. So Iā€™m just not anxious to get involved much anymore. Who wants to fight anyway but I do miss being able to ask a question on equipment or construction methods etc.

Sorry, I didnā€™t realize this was two years old and Iā€™d already. I think we need the dates in bold or something.