Just a suggestion

Thank you MG and will be looking forward to chatting over there on divers topics-Kevin

well , I registered got one email, said I would get another to activate if approved

no sign of it tho

@mgmcanick Maybe you could be so kind as to supply the private email that is supposed to be used to request activation. It appears we are lost among the bot emails waiting to be recognized as real people.

@Bing and @wesw, I have sent your comments on to Denniz, but Iā€™m not in control here or there. Please keep me posted as to what happens.

Thanks. Not much else to do except wait.

me too

Cant login over there the server or whatever keeps rejecting me(maybe my fault though,I tried to login with the wrong temp password a few times till I realized what was wrong) my old computer is giving me a fit too-Kevin

Have you gotten an email at all? I havenā€™t gotten anything. Says contact administrator but there is no way to contact administrator if you arenā€™t logged in. I seem to remember some chaos some years ago. Kinda like a woodworking board Iā€™m on where you canā€™t see the board without logging in and you canā€™t be a member without a current member recommending you so the number of participants is dwindling. I know this is off topic but after all it was an important off shoot of the original car talk when they reformatted so it would be nice to see some participants for non car subjects.

where it says contact admin, you can click on part of that, I think the word administrator. I did that and I ll check now for activation

nope. nothing more

I just registered, awaiting approval. I would love to discuss home repair with you folks.

has anyone been approved yet?

Nope silence. Looks like MG is the only one with access to the board and Denniz at this point to even send an email.

I just noticed a spot, when you try to sign in and it tells you that you are not activated, that says resend activation email. I tried that, I ll let you know if it worksā€¦

yes! @bing it worked, I m activated

Yep looks like Iā€™m in too. No time to check it right now though. See you on the other side.

for those of you who registered, when you try to sign in there is a place where it says ā€œresend activation emailā€ when I clicked on that, I was activated shortly after. I got another email with a temporary password. but the password I chose originally was the one that really workedā€¦

I see Bing and wesw have begun posting. Did you two do anything different to get approval that some of the others could benefit from knowing about?

I did the register thing and then after several days hit the ā€œsend another emailā€ button, then I got an email but the temp password given didnā€™t work but found out the original one worked instead. The problem is you have to be inside before you can call the administrator so maybe we could provide that service if anyone else is trying. Iā€™m gonna be traveling for a week though so Iā€™m out.

yes, maybe I did not explain it well.

try to sign in after you register and get the first email.
when you sign in it will say you are not activated yet. there will be a place under the message that says, ā€œresend activation emailā€, click on that.
I was sent an activation email with a temp password
the temp password did not work
my original password did work tho.
that was it. it took a human mind to figure it out, for all you computer driving fansā€¦