Jeep Stolen- Car security

I am replacing my stolen Jeep with a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. What are the factory security features on this model jeep? What to you recommend to protect your vehicle from theft?

The GC didn’t come standard with any anti-theft devices. They were all optional. You need to check each vehicle to see what options were installed. One of the options was the sentry key system which disables the ingnition after about 2 seconds if the wrong key is used to try to start the vehicle.

BTW, there is no way you can PREVENT somebody from stealing your ride. You can only make it difficult enough that they move on to somebody else’s vehicle.

The owner’s manual will explain the factory security features. A determined car thief can steal a vehicle despite your best efforts. Parking the vehicle in a garage is the best defense. Locking it EVERY time is a no-brainer. Personally, I don’t spend a lot of time worrying about having my car stolen. It’s insured, and it it’s stolen I don’t want it back.

BTW, there is no way you can PREVENT somebody from stealing your ride. You can only make it difficult enough that they move on to somebody else’s vehicle.

Exactly. Where you park, locking everything, visible deterrents, and the one I like is a hidden fuel valve. Turn it off when parked (some automatic ones will self arm). Guy steals car, gets two blocks in a nice public area and it stops with any know reason. They don’t stick around to figure it out.

I’d be interested in hearing about this hidden fuel valve. What does it do? prevent gas from being stolen?

I have a killswitch in my truck so that in order for the vehicle to start you MUST hold down a certain button. Works wonders!