Jeep Compass 2019 - Clicking noise issue

If all of those parts needed to be replaced after just two years/18,500 miles of use, I have to wonder about the design and quality of manufacture of Jeep components. Unless the design of all of those components has been upgraded since 2019 by the manufacturer (not likely…), then you are potentially going to have to do similar repairs every two years in the future.

If I owned a vehicle that needed those extensive repairs after just 18,500 miles of use, I would not buy it at the end of the lease.

2 Likes

How many months did it take to put on 18k miles? 2 yr lease? 3 yr lease? Did you drive very little in last year? Covid?

Sounds like a typical case of “over-repair”, keep replacing parts until the noise goes away. The original problem was probably a damaged wheel bearing.

2 Likes

The car is only 2 years old

I totally agree. Think is, they did not have a clue so they started to pull things apart and replace them till the noise was gone.

Since it did not cost you anything so what ? That may have been the only solution that could get this thing back on the road and out of their way. I would guess that you will try a different brand next time.

2 Likes