Jeep Cherokee Starting Problem

I have a 1994 Jeep Cherokee Grand Laredo 6 cylinder 4.0 engine. It will not start in the morning until about ten minutes of trying. There is no fuel in the fuel rail. What could the problem be?

“There is no fuel in the fuel rail” I’d say that’s the problem. How do you know there is not fuel in the fuel rail? Did you just pop the pin on the valve to look for it shooting out?

Someone should put a fuel pressure gauge on it to see what is really going on but you will likely need to replace the fuel pump.

Tomorrow morning try turning the key just to the run position without cranking it. Listen for a 2-3 second hum - that’s the fuel pump. Then turn the key back off - then back to run - then back off - back to run, etc. - do that about 7 or 8 times and then try to start it. Results?

I also failed to mention that this problem only happens in the summer time. I did press the pressure valve and there was no fuel skirting out until about 10 minutes after I heard a noise like the fuel pump turning on. But I must say again, this problem only happens during the summer time. I don’t have any problems starting the jeep in the winter time.

Are you saying that the same problem occurred last summer, disappeared for the winter and reappeared this summer?

Yes, that is what I am saying. It only occurs in the summer.