Jeep Cherokee 4.0L lurching and stalling

I have a 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 4.0L (6 cylinder) that has 128,000 miles on it. Within the last two months it has started lurching 1 to 3 times per week. It only lurches once but always when the engine is hot and when accelerating. The engine light does not come on. It also loses power for several seconds at other times. Lastly, it has stalled two times in three weeks when I am coming to a stop. The spark plugs and air filter were changed last week. The injectors were also cleaned.

I do not have the skills to fix it and am taking it to the dealership which is very expensive - thus the money drain. Any thoughts on what might be going on? Or is it better to just cut my losses and look for another car. I would really like to keep this car for another year because I am in graduate school but am not willing to continue with the money drain.

Has anyone checked out your TPS?
Somebody should also check your fuel pressure.
Are you due for a transmission fluid and filter service? Every 30K, I would think.

Thanks - Did not have the TPS looked at because I thought that would cause a constant problem versus intermittent but I will look into it. Will also have the fuel pressure checked out. Transmission fluid was changed about 40K so that could also be the cause. Thanks.

The fuel pump is a likely candidate. When they start to act up, it’s often when they’re hot.