I own a 1994 Jaguar XJS Convertible with 121k miles and in beautiful condition. My problem is a periodic “check engine light” message that shows up on my digital display window. I have replaced the oxygen sensors. My radiator temperature is not a problem. I am tired of uncoupling the battery cable to reboot the system. I am wondering whether one of the wires via the ECU overheats and causes the problem. I have been dealing withis issue for several years and no one seems to have an answer. Any ideas?
Have you pulled the code?
I have tried to find out from other Jag owners to no avail. When the light comes on now it doesn’t signal any code such as 44 (which included oxygen sensors).