Jaguar s type engine help

Hi guys, first off I love your show. Great stuff.

I was hoping you could help me with my car. I have a 2000 Jaguar s type. The car’s transmission light is always on. The problem is this: It seems as if the gears dont shift right automatically. When I put my foot on the gas it take a long time and suddenly boosts forward. The RPMs also reach past 3000 and stay at around 2300 when im on the highway. I think it should be lower than that. The car also vibrates a lot especially when i put my foot on the gas. Even at low speeds the car vibrates. I have taken the car in to get looked at and they said they fixed the problem. the engine light went out but less than a month later the problems started again. I still drive the car. Any advice?

Any advice Yea, find out what is wrong before doing any more damage. Step #1 is to get the code for the CEL That CEL (check engine light) is just a kid in class waving her hand trying to get you attention because she has the answer. You need to have the codes read. Some places will read them for FREE. Try Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. Get the exact code (like P0123) not just their translation into English and post it back here.

What Do You Mean When You Say, "They Said They Fixed The Problem ?"
Was It Fixed ? Now It’s Doing The Same Thing ?

Look at the repair order and tell us what was wrong and what was done to fix it, before.

CSA