It's worth a few extra cents

Are you sure about that factoid?
Wawa is not among the licensed brands listed on Top Tier’s website:

In any event, there are two Wawa stations in my neck of the woods, and one is 13 cents per gallon more than the local Costco station, and the other one is 15 cents more per gallon than Costco.
The Wawa stations in this area are a bit cheaper than the other non Top Tier stations, but in addition to Costco, we also have Top Tier Valero stations in the area that are a few cents cheaper than the local Wawa stations.
:thinking:

I almost never buy top tier gas and have never had a fuel related problem. My 1972 Airens snow thrower has been using 10% ethanol gas since it became mandatory and the only maintenance done on the carb was cleaning the sediment out of the float bowl twice. I did have to replace the fuel line about 5 years ago and I changer the spark plug a couple of times.
I don’t use fuel stabilizer, just run it dry for storage.

I do everything wrong but have no problems with my 37 year old Airens near Buffalo NY. It has never been to a shop. I have replaced the skid plates twice and the scraper bar and made drift cutters so it can handle 4’ or better drifts.

Guess, I am just lucky.

Wawa isn’t Top Tier, their gas works fine (I haven’t noticed any issues using it vs the few Top Tier stations close to me), but it’s not Top Tier

Yeah! The Chrysler/Ghia Turbine car. It also ran on tequila in a Mexico publicity tour, and may have been fired up with perfume as well. Cool car. A shame its non-highway mileage was so abysmal.

I grew up in the newly developing suburbs, north of Detroit, only a few miles from the famous Woodward Ave (Where they still have car cruises every year).

Most of the Big 3 executives lived in the burbs near me and would drive prototype vehicles to Woodward and back and up and down the road, commuting to Detroit.

On quite a few occasions I’d meet up with one of those Chrysler turbine cars on local roads and particularly Woodward. As I recall they were all painted the same copper color.

The space race was on and at the time and it was exciting seeing them (cool looking car at that time). I really thought I was looking at the future of automobiles, but they never advanced to a production car.

CSA
:palm_tree::sunglasses::palm_tree:

All, except one, as I recall.
At the 1964 NY World’s Fair, they had a turbine car on display that was painted a spectacular pearl white. I have to say that I don’t recall if the roof was also painted that color, or if it had the same black vinyl roof as the copper-colored ones, but the World’s Fair display model definitely was a beautiful sight to behold.

They also had a white one with blue racing stripes that was in a really bad racing movie. Though I’m not sure if that was the Worlds Fair car with stripes or a different car. I do know that they grabbed a second car from the public test fleet for closeup shots in the movie, and painted parts of it white temporarily. The guy they borrowed it from got it back and found whitewash in the door jams.

Geeze, give it a rest. In the past couple of weeks I have driven 3000 miles in red states, blue states, and mixed states. I really don’t know where I bought gas or how much I paid. Usually truck stops but a couple times at Holiday that advertised top tier. I paid with cash that has “In God We Trust” printed on the bills. Still accepted in most 50 states as legal tender for all debts public and private. I have a Costco membership and a Sams but have never bought gas at either one. Just too busy. I’m not going to wait in line to buy gas.

2 Likes

Nor do I!
When I go to Costco to buy the cheapest-available Top Tier gas, it is always on a weekday, in the middle of the day. I almost always drive directly up to the pump, or–horrors!–there might occasionally be one car ahead of me.
As the old saying tells us… Timing is everything.

It was, in fact, tested on Chanel #5. My uncle had a relationship with Chrysler Corp. and was provided with one of the 50 examples of the “Bronze Blowtorch” for real world testing. The car was fantastic.

1 Like

I think Leno has one. Lucky guy. I’d love to have something jet-powered in my garage.

Leno has just about one of everything, including steam cars, electric cars (even a Baker), and motorcycles.

2 Likes