Is there some secret to getting a reply post?

my question is being skipped over

Perhaps no one has an answer. What was the question?

posted twice: mechanic replacing wiring to rear lights

I assume and speaking for myself, if no one has a good answer for you they will not respond to you question. Why is the wiring being replaced to the rear lights any way?

because the rear lights don’t work?

Post a link to your original post.

Original post:

Stop me if you’ve heard this one. My car is at the mechanic and they’re replacing some of the re-wiring system to the rear lights. It’s a 1997 Saturn. Can anyone recommend a good website for me to learn what’s going on?

Still, that could be burnt out light bulbs, or just simply dirty connections. I really do not know of a web site that could explain that to you.

Check www.autozone.com in the repair section to see if there is a wiring diagram for your car. I’m not sure that’s what you’re looking for, though.

thanks for answering

thanks. i never can seem to find a website that explains car repair. automotive forums.com used to be great but i guess people have stopped using it.

i’m gonna re-think and re-write my question. thanks

I suggest putting in the make, model and year of your car in your subject line. Also, add lots of “meta data”, that third field they place in the “post a topic” form. For people using the “Search” function, that makes your question easier to find; the more words you put there, the more people will see your post.

In a car forum, it’s far more likely that people will be search for “Honda Accord” than “secret”.

MikeM: you the man!

You need to be patient. I just looked at your original post and it’s less than an hour old when I am posting this!!

Some of the more knowledgeable posters have real jobs and only post once a day!

Answer and advice on posting given in one of the other threads on this. Let’s let this thread (and the others)die to avoid confusion.