Is there a way to test a honda civic 2000 Speed Sensor?

i just want to test my vss to verify if its in good condition or i need to buy a new one

HndaCivic128, I understand the question (and it’s a good one, too!), but out of curiosity I’d sorta like to know if you suspect a problem with it or rather if you’re just checking and tweaking every single part on your Civic, as kind of a hobby.
CSA

When it goes bad you get a new one. Until then I would just leave it be.

actually, yeah its a problem, to make my story short, my car just had a bad shift solenoid so i buy a new one. so i tested in a long distance trip, it was good, but it does a old problem that when i pass the 50 mph it goes like up and down shift so i have to brake a little bit to stop that. Also in those old times i just disconnect my vss to prevent that, but it just delay it to 60mph, but that was ok me… so back in the topic. after the long trip, i decide to disconnect again the vss. When i turn on the car again to go back, the transmision going a little crazy, going into false neutral, or shift up and down gears. so i decide to reconnect the vss. at this time, i reset the ecu too. so it was ok back in the trip for 15 min. after that it gone crazy again, so i reset again the ecu and it was ok again for 10 or 15 min. and so until i get to my home again.

sorry for my english

i forget to mention, that when start the problem again a CEL was found: P0730 (incorrect gear ratio)

The Haynes manual for 1996-8 goes into a lot of detail, but in short: one front wheel off the ground, trans in neutral, ignition On, backprobe the VSS signal wire with a voltmeter’s positive lead (negative to ground) and rotate the wheel. The voltmeter should pulse between 0 and 5 volts.

This Haynes also applies to the 1999; I’m not sure of 2000.