Is my car comes under California Lemon Law?

Hi all

can any help me to know my car comes under california lemon law.

My car details are as follows:

2009 HONDA ACCORD

Purchased new, on 08/01/09

Currently has 22000 miles, under warranty

Problem occurred at 21000 miles, under warranty

DESCRIPTION:

FRONT AND BACK BREAKS STARTED SQUEAKING APPROXIMATELLY AT 17,000 MILES, BY THE TIME I GOT TO 21,000 MILES BREAKS NEEDED TO BE FIXED

IN FRONT AND BACK.

So has the dealer fixed it under warranty? Does the problem still exist even after repair? If not then this car is not a lemon.

Thnq for the reply, first he fixed it but problem still exists.

Lemon laws only apply if you’ve been in multiple times for the same problem or if a car has been out of service (i.e. in the shop) for a certain number of days. That doesn’t sound like the situation here, so I doubt it applies, especially since the brake pads wearing down is a wear and tear item.

21,000 miles is not an unheard of lifespan for a set of brakes, especially if you do a lot of stop and go driving. The Accord is also a pretty big car and brake life is not one of it’s strong points. You might consider doing heavy-duty ceramic pads next time around.

I need to know what is exactly rules for Lemon Law in california, can you help me?

First hit on google for “california lemon law”: http://www.ag.ca.gov/consumers/general/lemon.php

Thanks for taking time, i tried it but i found lot of resource, is there any free lemon law help in California, i found 4 -5 attorneys in google, they will charge anything? I saw this one http://www.yourlemonlawrights.com i will contact them is this ok? please give me suggestion.

To echo what’s already been said, I think you’re over-reacting. Replacing a set of brakes is normal maintenance. If they’re still squeaking try an independent mechanic if you’re not happy with the dealer. The car works and you’re driving it. That really doesn’t fit the common sense definition of a lemon. It’s a relatively minor problem.

Thank you for your suggestion, I will check with local mechanic.

Squeaking brakes hardly fall into the “lemon law”. Annoying yes however it does not affect the operation or safety of the vehicle. Lemon law’s are state specific however you must give the dealer a number of times within a set period to address the problem before deeming it a lemon.

Having them fix it once and then jumping to lemon status is not really a valid approach.

Sorry your Accord is not working out. I think there is a known a brake issue however you need to give them an opportunity to work it out. Hopefully this is a decent dealer locally that provides loaners.

You have “Buyer Remorse” ?? So Sorry, but no lemons for you! You keep car, make payments like everyone else…