Is it true that Hyundai wont repair or replace one of thier engines

Supposedly, the sensor would detect an impending rod bearing failure, and put the car into limp mode.

There is a third possibility, It may be that the Hyundai engines are simply less tolerant of skipped maintenance.

This is the third case to Miami Dade County that I had a client come to me about this. Hyundai is blanket denying for maintenance issues regardless of if there is a maintenance issue or not. It looks like their particular doing it to the Haitian community in Miami, because they don’t understand their rights.

While one client was. Disputing this through Hyandai corporate, the local filed a storage lein on it, then sold it auction while he is still paying the car payment.

I cannot believe an attorney would publish this without proofreading it first. If you file briefs like this, you can’t be taken seriously.

3 Likes

I am taking very seriously. but I blog on a treadmill with google voice, because sometimes human talk to each other as humans. I have no opinion on you, however. but the substance, of what I wrote should be taken very seriously.

Without any verifiable citations, I cannot take what you write seriously.

1 Like

yeah its all lies. that’s what I do in my free time. make up stories to fell better anonymously.

There I fixed it for you. Was I flagged because my corrections were wrong ?

4 Likes

I had to stay with the grammar theam
its not fun otherwise

Here is a real question you could be asking “why is an attorney in Miami google 'Hyundai not honoring warranty articles just randomly?” unless he may be in the process of certifying a class related to similar FTC investigations they have going on with the issue related to the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act. For realz doh.

No, not everyone here comes for the red pen action. I am in no way speaking for your flagger, only myself, but I think we could do well to have a little less Strunk and White and more Click and Clack.

4 Likes

Guilty as charged Ms. D’Aquila :slight_smile:

There is another suit, where Kia and Hyundai vehicles burst into flame
 2011 to 2019 cars sharing the same engine.

Hyundai Sonata lawsuit was settled 2 years ago, if it’s the one I read about. Warranty was extended to 10 years, 120K and previous repairs were reimbursed. That was the 2011-14 Sonata.

It looks like John Foy Is investigating a similar case for the 2011 (and early '12) Theta engine made in Alabama. I think that’s the one you refer to. Metal shavings were left in the engine, causing damage and low oil pressure. Hyundai is rejecting claims because the engine “was not maintained”.

If you bought your Hyundai used, the warranty is dropped to 5 year 60K miles. They appear to have the same attitude as GM in the 80’s
 you bought it, the problems are yours.

I have a 2015 Hyundai elantra with 68000 km that is almost 6 yrs old, did oil changes every 6000km at dealership and started to make the engine ticking noise right before my 5 yr warranty was up and the dealership said the noise was normal due to cold start, I don’t know anything about cars so believe them and when I took it for the next oil change they didn’t mention anything about the noise either and then I saw the Lawsuit about the piston slap for these engines and told them about it and Hyundai said they would cover the repair but wants pictures to make sure its the problem, at first they said they wanted a picture of an engine part to make sure it wasn’t dirty, then when I asked them to be more specific they said they wanted to make sure its the pistons that is the problem. Hyundai won’t approve the car rental so the dealership is waiting for the tire change season to be over to lend me their courtesy car. So now I am waiting nervously hoping they don’t find oil sludge that shouldn’t be there in a well maintained car and deny the repair.

Not all “ticking” noises are piston slaps. Sometimes it’s just valve ticking, and that can be louder/more apparent at startup. And there are other reasons for such noises as well. It’s reasonable that Hyundai would want to make sure that the engine actually has the problem covered by the recall before covering the repair.

If you’re able to get a video with good sound to demonstrate the ticking and post it here, someone might be able to give you better advice. Get the microphone as close to the engine as you can (safely) while it’s running.

1 Like

You’re hearing a noise that may or may not be a piston slap. No mention if engine is running good or not
but they want to tear into the engine to determine what the cause is. If it’s a piston slap then they’ll cover the cost, if not you may end up spending THOUSANDS for this. This seems real absurd to be.

There is more to your 2015 Elantra than miles and time regarding oil changes. Driving habits and environmental conditions are 2 of the biggest non-miles/time factors.
Stop and go, short hop driving along with dust and most importantly, humidity, plays a big part.

If it turns out that your engine does have sludge then the above would apply.

What i want to know is, does Hyundai/Kia use this defective Theta II engine in any of its current vehicles?

There was nothing defective about this engine design. About 50,000 engines suffered some poor machining during manufacture. The whole situation has been blown out of proportion.

1 Like