My parents gifted me their 2002 VW Passat Wagon. After a few months, I noticed that a bag I left behind the driver’s seat was soaking wet. Since then, I have seen up to 2” of water there when it rains. There is definitely a leak. My parents were unaware of this issue so I am unsure how long it has been happening.
Is it safe to drive a car that has mold under the carpet? There is no mold visible on top of the carpet itself. However, some mold was visible on the leather seats when I didn’t drive the car for a week.
Financial resources are limited so any advice would be greatly appreciated before I bring it in to a repair shop to dig deeper. Thank you!