Is it possible to rotate the front tires?

Car is a 2000 Corolla CE with 4-spd auto.

Is it possible to rotate one side of the front tire while the car is jacked up? How about if it is in neutral with the parking brake on?

If I understand your questiong, you are asking if you can rotate one raised front tire with the other on the ground and the transmission in Park. No you should not be able to do that.

If you put the transmission in Neutral, Reverse, Drive or any forward gear selectionm (engine not running), then you could rotate the tire. Since the Parking Brake stops the rear wheels from turning, it would not have an effect on the front tires.

Hope this helps.

If I understand the question correctly, you’re asking whether one front wheel can be spun with the other on the ground? On your car, the answer is yes IF the transmission is in neutral. If it is, your inputs will spin the tranny tailshaft and differential assembly, but the opposing wheel will stay stable. NOTE: I don’t recommend this.

If the transmission is in gear, the engine will prevent the tranny input shaft from spinning and the differential assembly will attempt to turn the opposite wheel in the direction opposite to how you’re spinning the elevated wheel.

The worse case, if you have a limited slip is that opposite wheel will try to spin in the same direction. Either way, I don’t think I would like to have a part of my body under the wheel with the car balanced on a jack while spinning the wheel. . Use jack stands and spin to your hearts content.

Corolla doesn’t come with L/S.
However Dag’s 100% spot-on; don’t take any chances. Do it safely. Your loved ones will appreciate it.

Now go home, hug your loved ones, and have a beautiful Christmas everyone. It’s Christmas eve!

Why rotate the tires at all? Don’t they rotate enough every time you drive? (Sarc) LOL

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE !!!