Inspection HHR 2007?

There’s a clear sticker the size of a AA battery on my windshield that says "Next service inspection at 11,000 miles. Do I HAVE to take it in or else I’ll be arrested or something? Is this part of that “Maintenance 1” thing?

What was your odometer mileage at your last service (the one where they placed that sticker on your windshield)?

While this is really just a so-called “friendly” reminder, it is also possible that having the car serviced at 11,000 miles is in conjunction with the maintenance that is required to keep your warranty in effect. No, you will not be arrested for failure to maintain your car at that mileage interval, but if you lose your warranty protection, that would not be a good thing.

As with so many other things, consulting the Owner’s Manual and/or the Manufacturer’s Maintenance Schedule should give you the correct answer to your question.

VDC explained it all perfectly.

Now lose the “I’m an idiot” label. You are not an idiot. Idiots don’t ask questions. Smart people who simply don’t know ask questions.

That’s the difference between not knowing and being dumb. Not knowing can be solved by asking. Dumb is forever.

As with so many other things, consulting the Owner’s Manual and/or the Manufacturer’s Maintenance Schedule should give you the correct answer to your question.

Don’t assume the dealer is giving you straight information. Read the manual and follow that and not what the dealer says. Also remember that you don’t need to go to the dealer for service. Often dealers are far more expensive and no better than your local independent mechanic. Yes the warranty is still good even if the dealer does not do it (unless they are doing it for free and it is required by the manufacturer). Just be sure to keep records and receipts for the service.

I agree on the idiot thing. I know someone in my family with terrible self-esteem, (though he is in medical school, go figure) and it is sad to see someone beating themselves up, even if it may be partly a joke. If you have some sort of defect in your personality, fix it; others have done so from time immemorial. But, don’t beat yourself up for not knowing as much as our smartest people.

There is nothing wrong with not knowing something; only with not trying to learn better. Which is what you are doing when you ask questions.

Most of the smart guys here once knew very little about cars. They stuck to it and now are great experts. Others of us are down the food chain, but still better off then we were when we started working on cars years ago. Back then, I could not find my own posterior region with a map and a flashlight. Now I can, if you are patient. :slight_smile: