Infiniti M is for Misery

When I see complaints like this, I wonder if this is the way people feel about my generation when they call us all the “Me” generation. I lump the rock impact complaint with the person who was complaining about their lift struts on the lexus, in that they complain to much, and expect way to much. My impression, in my best feigned exasperated voice “Oh lordy, MY dealership wouldn’t replace MY radiator because they don’t care about ME, MY feelings, or MY wallet. Why don’t they care about ME, isn’t that what I pay them for?!?”

No actually, you paid for a car, not to be treated like a Prince(ss). Now you are paying for something else called “Insurance”, but you’ve stated you aren’t going to see them, just to help all us little people out out… but naturally, its ok to screw Nissan, the private dealer, their workers, other customers, share holders, etc?

As for protecting your precious radiator, I looked at the M35, and all the pictures I could find of them look like they do have grillage in front of the radiators, both top and bottom. So what else do you want? Those large vents are there for a reason and if you block them off to much to stop every rock, leaf, bug, pebble, pollen, etc., you lose any benefit you gain from them. They have these big air intakes for engine cooling, brake cooling, redirecting air under and around the car for efficiency, stability at speed, reduced buffeting, maybe even downforce (on your nissan?). So sure, take a piece of cardboard, spray paint it black (or gold, to match your crown), and tape it in there. That will stop the pebbles. But does the dealership owe you anything. Not really, but I can imagine they’re trying their best not to roll their eyes at you, at least while you can still see them. So perhaps it isn’t “God forbid you have to deal with Nissan for warrenty repairs” but rather “God bless Nissan for dealing with people like this, and still having the energy to put out a good product.”

Yes, other cars also fail to synch with Bluetooth Phones and even have their own lists. That is still a violation of the Bluetooth Trademark and the agreement any company that uses it must sign.

No it isn’t.
The requrements to use the bluetooth logo are basically

1. That you be a Bluetooth SIG member
  2. That your device pass the “Bluetooth Qualification Process”.
    If you’re a member, and your device is good enough to pass the qualification process then you can display the logo.

I personally can’t imagine that any trade group would be stupid enough to make something like bluetooth and then say “in order to show our logo you must be 100% compatable with every device out there”, because no one would open themselves up to the potenetial liability trap that would represent.

If you think that the bluetooth system in your car doesn’t meet one of the two points I mentioned I suggest you report them to the Bluetooth SIG group. You can also use the same link report your interoperability problem if you want to.

If one and twenty drivers experiences this problem then the fix has to cost almost nothing to be worth it.
Twenty drivers probably comes out to a lot cars over the drivers lifetime. Figure a car has 20 years of life, and a driver has 60 years of driving in them that is 60 cars. Charging $6,000 dollers to avoid a single $900 repair to a sub-$200 part sounds like a pretty bad idea to me.

i’ve never heard of such a thing happening before(?!?)i’ve heard of small rocks throwing a belt or making a cam-belt skip a tooth on a sprocket…

I have a cheap suggestion for you. Buy a phone on the manufacturer’s approved list! The M35 is a great car by all means. Don’t let Bluetooth ruin it for you. I think if Nissan was willing to work with you several times even though the phone was not in the approved list, that says something positive about the company not negative. As a systems engineer, I can tell you that these communications protocols are more complicated than they seem.

That’s why billet screens are good. They aren’t just for loooks, thpough people who don’t understand the need for them think they are. They can be hand made, too, from plaster wire mesh, and they look good, too.

One with a stick in a Venture Van. The Service manager covered it under warranty (they have their ways) I told him I would not do the job for warranty time (we are still good friends today) they got a hourly man to change it and I charged the system. Thats one in 35 years.