If you're going to delete your vehicle's emissions controls

Heh heh. That reminds me, that was on old Soviet trick. I don’t remember the name anymore, but they would pose as trusted friends with like minds to draw out the conspirators. George Orwell wove it into his book too in 1948. So wondering to myself, if the Soviets got the idea from him or the other way around. We’ll never know, they are all dead.

Back to cars. My emmissions are OEM but did notice that my blikers are totally silent. No noise at all.

A few years ago, The New Yorker magazine had a relevant cartoon.
Picture a couple eating their dinner at a nice restaurant. The waiter comes over and says, “Is there anything wrong with your food? I noticed that you haven’t taken a picture of it and posted it to Facebook.”

:smirk:

6 Likes

This sounds like a last minute entry for the Darwin Award - Vehicle Tecnology:

1. Pre - 2000 I could understand removing some of the awful the awful PC devices but today when they can actually improve performance?
  2. Is there anyone over 5 and under 95 who doesn’t understand that ANYTHING posted on the Net is open to EVERYBODY?
  3. And is there anyone remotely interested in vehicle modifications that doesn’t know that removing PC devices on a road vehicle is illegal?

Seems to me that since NJ “wasn’t looking for him” and after he went public they seem to be encouraging simple complaince, as my Dad told me long ago, “If you drop your pants and show your a** in public, don’t be surprised if …” :wink:

3 Likes

On the rabbit trail of reading that article I read that the EPA is going back on their policy of not requiring emissions controls on off road vehicles. Apparently the man couldn’t even use the truck for off road racing related activities, either due to the EPA, or the State refusing to transfer the title unless the emission equipment was replaced. You don’t need a title for off road use though so I don’t know what the issue is. He’s probably tryng to do things by the book and prove that it’s impossible.

lol … Some years ago I had a friend who’d email a photo of her lunch at least once a week. I was wondering why she thought this would be of such interest to me? I mean I never asked for or inquired about it. But I decided best course is to be polite & not mention , the delete key is good enough.

1 Like