If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?

As I seem to recall, Edsel’s station wagons were referred to as Bermuda models.
:thinking:

1 Like

It’s what you drive when you have nothing to prove.
Many people dream of fame and fortune, as for me, you can keep the fame, I’ll take anonymity and fortune.

2 Likes

babbc269734605dc82184b82e55f28e29dc7ca80_1_626x500

Wow. I wonder what he gets for highway mileage? Aerodynamic much?

I imagine he’d want to drive slow enough that nothing blows off. An art car is meant to ooze down the street so that anyone has time to soak it all up.

Is that a Florida license plate ?

1 Like

I’m kind of curious what owls and Tweety Bird have to do with Jesus… :wink:

1 Like

Yes, it’s a Florida plate.

1 Like

I don’t know either but in France and Italy, if you go to a cemetery, you’ll see lots of graves with all kinds of similar decorations on them. Guess its a cultural thing.

Getting really off track today but as we enter into understanding other cultures, a guy started a bakery downtown. He was an immigrant and painted the outside of the building a bright yellow or pink or something-can’t remember the color. At any rate there was a bank across the street, jewelry store, and other businesses that kind of had a heart attack at the color and what it did to the decorum downtown. These are all good guys but it was like the guy that paints his house purple stripes or something in an established neighborhood. At any rate they approached the baker about the color and he said he had no idea it was in bad taste and would have fit in just great from where he came from, but he spent a lot of money painting the place and couldn’t afford to change it. The banker, being a great community leader, took up a collection to give to the guy to repaint the place, which he did. Everyone happy now.

So I guess some people just like to decorate their cars, houses, graves, etc. with owls and tweety birds and anything colorful. I just hope they are well secured so they don’t fly off on the highway.

Even though the baker didn’t pay any of his own money to repaint his establishment . . .

Sounds like the other businessmen were successful in bullying him into submission

Are you sure? Maybe the baker wasn’t too happy about the experience, but he isn’t going to speak up, for fear of upsetting the community :thinking:

Yeah, having one of those mobs carrying Tiki Torches surrounding your business would certainly be unsettling, although I’m sure that the mob would contain “many fine people”.
:thinking:

1 Like

Naw he’s happy. They didn’t bully him as much as some people would like to think they did. They just tried to come up with a win win solution. He just didn’t know how “inappropriate” it was, like someone wearing a bikini to church.

I don’t know . . .

Why was his color scheme “inappropriate” . . . ?

If he was the proprietor and he didn’t break any law, who’s to say he did anything wrong by painting his establishment yellow or pink?

Well, duh . . . the other businessmen, that’s who :smirk:

Could be if I’m walking down the street, the eye-catching yellow bakery might draw my attention. Maybe I’ll head over there and buy a loaf of bread and some pastries. On the other hand, if it’s just a drab white or gray, maybe I’ll walk past it, without a second glance, in which case he doesn’t get my business.

Standing out is not always a bad thing, in my opinion

A nearby house in a divorce settlement, guy had to reside the house as part of the settlement, one row white, one row green, looked silly as heck, but he fulfilled his part of the agreement.

God loves all creatures, great and small. Even owls and Tweety Bird. Before you tell me Tweety isn’t real, I will inform you that when I was young, I had a pet parakeet named Tweety.

2 Likes

I was impressed today, I had an old bulb for a long gone car unopened package, Autozone gave me an in store credit for $12.56, I would never have thought it for an at least 5 year old purchase

I also had a yellow parakeet named Tweety when I was a kid.

I never had a parakeet but I did have those blue and pink colored chicks at Easter time. You know they sold them at the dime store. I never gave a thought to stuffing them when they died and gluing them on the car. I guess I just had no imagination.