I own a honda ridgeline 2006/im thinking about trading it for a civic 2008 exl

People that message me on offerup And we go from there/ yes i did that once got a 2016 camry but I totaled and lost the 8 months i was paying it i got to keep the car but it was worthless

Man you are not the first one to tell me that and i read that those have CVT transmission issues

Ultimately to save on gas honesty thats the only reason,now that i think about it it’s pretty stupid on my part you are right and i decided to keep the honda even tho some people don’t consider it a real truck

It does have better mpg but like you pointed out those seem to have cvt transmission and that was a red flag. And i heard nothing but horrible things when it comes to the compass so i passed

To be quite frank, I think you should pass on pretty much ANY Jeep that comes your way . . .

Liberty, Compass, Commander, Cherokee and so forth

Also pass on any corporate cousins sold under the the Dodge/Ram label

If you want to go mudding, a 2-door Wranger is probably just fine, but it doesn’t sound like that’s how the vehicle will be used

Na those days are long gone sir, i dont do off-roading so much these days, just from work home and so on you know how it is

I heard about some cars having major transmission problems cause by using the cvt, corollas Nissan to name a few a buddy of mine has a corolla 2014 I believe or newer, well you wouldn’t believe it he still owes 10k on the car and the transmission is having major problems and just yesterday he was telling me the reverse was giving out

If this is being offered to you for free, as a gift, by all means take it. This is not a very good vehicle at all, but if it’s free, what do you have to lose? If this is being offered for sale, keep looking, or better yet just keep your Ridgeline.

The best thing you can do is service the transmission fluid roughly every 25 - 30K, even if the service manual doesn’t mention it or says it’s only for “severe service”

Most people fall into that category, by the way

For example, my mom’s 2014 Civic has a cvt transmission. The service manual said to service the fluid ever 25K if it’s subject to severe service conditions. You can bet your life I serviced it at 25K

1 Like