I Need Help Identifying This Automobile

It’s a beauty, and I can’t wait to see future models. We have one that parks often on our block. My only quibble is the silly shapeless grille, which is not needed and mostly filled in with shiny black plastic panels. I think an electric car shouldn’t be emulating an ICE car. Tesla should be brave enough to eliminate the grille. It would be just as gorgeous without it.

Speaking of gorgeous (and rare) there is also a Fisker Karma nearby. I’ve spoken with the owner and he just loves it. I think it’s sad Fisker couldn’t make it because that is one seriously beautiful car and very practical, too. The exterior styling is lovely, but it’s the interior that’s amazing. It is show-car luscious with materials that call out to be stroked lovingly. The Tesla interior is very nice, but not nearly as adventurous as the Fisker (other than the huge screen that looks like an iPad and controls almost everything.) It’s just a good luxury car interior.

I’ve seen quite a few Tesla’s around and they look as good or even better as the Mercedes CLS or other luxury cars in that price range. The electric car that a friend of mine is excited about is the Kia Soul EV (Keep in mind he owns several electric cars) depending on how much it ends up being.

did it look like this?
photo 081211155224.jpg

Yuck. Looks like a rebranded Hyundai Tiburon. Can’t see any resemblance to a Corvette there.

That IS a Hyundai Tiburon or something similar. Someone stuck a Tesla logo on the bonnet. Google Tesla Model S images and you’ll see that the Tesla looks nothing like this.

Tuscani is the Korean name for Hyundai, IIRC, and that is their badge.
It’s a Tuscani Tiburon GT GTS V6
photo 081211155246.jpg

lol @MarkM, I think the corvette was the other thread about a mystery car

Interesting tidbit, bscar. I didn’t know.

I took that picture at work awhile back and made a post about it on a different car forum. That’s when I was told that.
The guy just put badges on his car, probably like the stickers that add 50 horse power each one when you put them on.

Yeah, you’re right. This one is pretty obviously a Tiburon. Interesting thst they use an Italianate brand name in their home country when Hyundai is this massive conglomerate that everyone there knows. Seems like using Tuscani as their brand here would have been sensible. None of us pronounce Hyundai correctly. The company came up with an incorrect pronunciation that Americans could manage. In England they use a different pronumciation, but that’s probably just one they made up. And they also drive Nissins (sounds like that). Americans manage that one better.