I have a tricky one for you, power issue/no start

You typed above: “the fuel pressure seems to be good”. Maybe you could explain what you mean a little better. Takes a long time of cranking before it catches & starts is often a fuel pressure problem, fuel pressure is not holding like it should & instead leaking down when the engine is off. The leak is usually not external, no gasoline seen on the ground, instead it is usually a leak from the fuel rail back to the gas tank, or through an injector into a cylinder. Then when you try to start the car it takes some time of cranking the engine for the fuel rail pressure to build high enough to start the engine. On some cars you can cause the fuel pump to prime the fuel rail by turning the key on and off a few times. I don’t think that method works on my older Corolla, but don’t know about yours.

You say you’ve replaced the fuel pump (which contains the check valve prevent drain back into the tank) and the fuel injectors, so seems unlikely that’s the problem, but given the symptoms and the amount of grief this is causing you, it might be good idea to double-check, to verify the fuel rail pressure is holding correctly when the engine is turned off.

Another weird problem that can make it hard to start the engine is when the evap canister purge valve is on during cranking. It should be closed when cranking. If it was open, that can cause the fuel/air mixture to be too rich. Symptom would be worse on warm starts than cold starts. This same problem could also make it much harder to start the engine immediately after refueling.

You are using the “shotgun approach” to fixing your car

You should have contacted the insurance company right away, after you got the car back and it wasn’t the same

And if you refused to do that, you should have paid a good repair shop to properly diagnose and repair your car

Either way, you would have saved yourself a lot of money :money_with_wings:

2 Likes

The OP doesn’t care about that from what he or she said above.

to him it apparently make sense to replace every part that he thinks could be the problem and he thinks this is the diagnostic process. I guess he just can’t think of any more parts to throw at it. He now thinks the cas is a “lemon” .

1 Like