I Did It Again

The seven years I had the gray Impala I had to be careful at the grocery store parking lot because another woman had one identical to mine except she had the center console shifter while I had the shift lever on the steering wheel. We both liked to park in the same part of the lot and were always walking up to each others car and discovered early on our keys and key fobs worked on both cars! We quickly learned to glance inside for the shifter difference to be sure we had the right car.

I have the same problem with my gray Camry. Apparently gray is a very common color. But I have the factory alloy rims, and most of the other ones are lower optioned and have wheel covers. Or a different style of factory alloy rim

I also have a Camry (beige) not exactly uncommon, I looks for the “wind deflector” I put on the moon roof.

Went to get ice cream at a local stand a few years back. It was dark and I had a black Trailblazer. Got the goods and went back to the truck. Jumped in and immediately sensed something was not quite right. Looked over to the wife and then noticed a dog in the back seat staring back at us. We don’t have a dog… hopped out all embarrassed half expecting someone to come walking up wondering WTH we were doing. My truck was two spaces further down…

@TwinTurbo

You’re lucky the dog didn’t bite you, the other guy’s wife didn’t call the police, and the guy didn’t clobber you when he saw you leaving his truck :sweat_smile:

I was armed with an ice cream :wink:

1. The dog appeared interested in the ice cream
    b. it was my wife. we got in at the same time on opposite sides and she also had an ice cream and
    III. fortunately, I avoided a confrontation thus saving my potential weapon to eat

No Offense, But Some Of You Guys Need A Little Less Boring Vehicle, Something That Stands Out From The Other Boring Vehicles! :wink:

I’ve seen some folks with mundane cars put little balls or flowers on them that seem to say “Hey, this is your car!” :neutral:

CSA

@TwinTurbo

I had incorrectly assumed your wife stayed in the truck, while you got out to get the ice cream

So I assumed it was another guy’s wife in the passenger seat :worried:

Or you could hang stuff from the tow hitch . . . I think some of the guys who do that have feelings of inferiority

I saw an Audi commercial this morning. One scene features a man and woman reaching for the door handle. Apparently the car belongs to only one of them. An identical Audi is shown parked behind it. The woman says something like “what are the odds”? This discussion seems to indicate, better than you would think.

I once “lost” my car in a Sears Parking lot, and spent half an hour walking up and down the isles clicking the remote. Not one car responded. When I finally found the car (in a different lot) the remote unlock would no longer work. Turns out it only allows so many no-responses before it assumes a security problem and disables itself.

But my point is: I never had another car respond to my unlock signal.

I’ve gotta agree. I usually don’t buy cars that look like all the other cookie cutter cars. Life is short, get something different. What good will it do to leave a lot of money behind?

"What good will it do to leave a lot of money behind?"
For may the goal is to NOT leave a lot of DEBT behind!!!