Hyundai now says recalled vehicles should be parked outside

Seems like a good idea. Most of my neighbors can’t put one car in their 2 car garages anyway. We can’t have basements so the garage captures all the clutter.

1 Like

Well I would heed the advice. Years back with the Ford problem sister had a Ford in the garage and dang near burned the house down. Took about 9 months to get the place livable again. Brake switch or whatever it was back then.

1 Like

My son’s in-laws had a Lincoln Town Car that was parked outside their garage. The fire started in the wiring and jumped from the engine compartment to the eaves of the house. The house was badly damaged and the Lincoln was a total loss. Their home owners insurance sued Ford and won. There was something in the cruise control circuit that started the fire even in their case when the engine was off and the car hadn’t been driven for several hours.
I had a 1990 Ford Aerostar that was recalled because the cruise control wiring could start a fire when the van was parked with everything off. Until I could get the Aerostar to the dealer to have the problem corrected, I parked it at the end of the driveway far away from the house.

1 Like