Hydrogen in gas engine

There’s more to it than how much of the gas gets burned.
If the gas is burned more quickly there’s more pressure early in the power stroke and more mechanical advantage turning the crank.
There’s also less timing advance needed thus less pressure before top dead center, which works against the output.
Engine designers go to great lengths to create swirl and other turbulence to speed up the combustion process.

#jtsanders 11:40AM Report
"hydrogen GAS? Guess if all else fails, you can rename your car the Hindenburg.”

Like all other combustible fluids, hydrogen has to be handled safely. Experimental cars that use hydrogen as a fuel have a fuel cell that will safely store it until it is needed. These experimental vehicles will provide guidance for the auto manufacturers when hydrogen becomes an economically attractive fuel."

We can dismiss that because hydrogen fuel cells are basically batteries.

“cigroller 11:50AM Report
"There are laws of nature, that we just can’t break. We can’t break the speed of light”

Mark my words. One day our current understanding of the speed of light - both its nature and our relation to it in terms of movement in time & space will go the way of geocentric universes, flat earths, and phlogiston."

We can dismiss this because of the obvious ignorance of current physics and physics in the old days. No need to mark those words.

“keith 2:28PM Report
"Those hydrogen generators …, can’t break the law of conservation of energy,”

They don’t have too to work. I’m not saying that they do work, in fact i am highly doubtful that they do, but there is a theoretical way that they can return more energy to the engine than they use."

We can dismiss this because it is self-contradictory.

“We can dismiss this because of the obvious ignorance of current physics and physics in the old days.”

Accomplished physicists like my friend and colleague Tepper Gill will tell you it’s not so cut-and-dry:

http://books.google.com/books/about/New_frontiers_in_relativities.html?id=2-QWAQAAMAAJ

While folks can imagine/make up reasons HHO might work, it doesn’t matter. It’s been tested numerous times and found not to work. End of story.

I’m still curious as to whether they will determine that neutrinos are exceeding the speed of light.

It may not be possible to directly exceed C, but there may be workarounds, such as an Alcubierre drive…

The latest news on the neutrinos was a “loose cable” on a GPS system provided erroneous readings (e.g. http://www.theweek.co.uk/health-science/speed-light/45538/light-speed-busting-neutrinos-was-it-just-loose-cable). But the anomalies pop up all of the time, and I doubt that we have heard the end of the neutrino story.

“We can dismiss this because it is self-contradictory.”

littlemouse, because of issues with this new board, I can only post two or three sentences at a time, so I have to stretch my comments over two or more posts. If you read the rest of my posts, you would see that I wasn’t “self-contradictory”.

– cigroller–“Mark my words. One day our current understanding of the speed of light - both its nature and our relation to it in terms of movement in time & space will go the way of geocentric universes, flat earths, and phlogiston.”

I agree.

Even if the speed of light cannot be exceeded, there may be other ways in which to explore the vast expanse of our universe. I like the visual example of the paper with two dots on opposite ends. Fold the paper in half such that the dots line up on top of each other. I am reasonably confident humans will one day conceive of a way to prove our universe is not an incredible waste of space…

“So someone knows a physicist, that doesn’t mean they know physics.”

And I’ll hazard to guess you know someone with good manners.

I think its the Clan of the Cavebear series I’m thinking of where Ayla violated a taboo of her clan and then became invisible to everyone. It didn’t matter what she did - she could have jumped and an down and screamed and yelled or waved her arms in front of your face. In the minds of others she just simply didn’t exist. Sometimes there’s value in that.

I’m just saying…

FYI, I deleted a bunch of posts in this discussion. I did my best to preserve the actual content to the debate (right or wrong) while taking out the little food fight that erupted. Many blame littlemouse for being excessively provocative, and this has been true many times. Those comments are removed or edited as appropriate. However, there is no reason that anyone needs to engage with littlemouse if you find the comments to be incorrect or inflammatory. It also isn’t an excuse to come up with derogatory nicknames. You can get into the “littlemouse started it!” vs. “No, it was MikeinNH!” feedback loop, but much or all of this could be resolved or minimized if you just ignored what bugged you so much.

I like to believe that the amount we don’t yet know about physics far, far exceeds the amount we do know. It may someday be possible to travel the universe, even though it’s impossible based on the physics we current know.

However, Sparky, I DO know that these hydrogen injection systems are a scam.

“circuitsmith 9:43AM Report
"So someone knows a physicist, that doesn’t mean they know physics.”

And I’ll hazard to guess you know someone with good manners."

Good one!