Hybrid problem

My IMA light and engine light just came on. Does anyone know of specific problems with this make/model?

The battery packs on these cars have been known to fail early, despite Honda’s claims that they will last for 10 years. The good news is that the warranty on the hybrid electrical components is fairly long. IIRC, the warranty is something on the order of 7 or 8 years and/or 80k miles, whichever comes first.

What is the model year of this car?
What is the odometer mileage?
What are the specifics of your warranty coverage?

2005 Accord Hybrid with 37,400+ miles - not sure about the warranty coverage

Check with a dealer. At this point I’m not sure that any independent mechanic can help you.

All you have to do in order to verify warranty coverage is to open your glove compartment. The details on your warranties (you have several) were placed there along with the Owner’s Manual and the Honda Maintenance Schedule.

Warranties and maintenance details should not be a mystery. That is why the documentation was provided by the manufacturer.

I was in the office at the time I posted this - obviously the warranty books (in the glove compartment as you pointed out) did contain the warranty information. I was interested in knowing if anyone had info on problems with the IMA in this model. Thank you for your help.

The battery packs on these cars have been known to fail early, despite Honda’s claims that they will last for 10 years.