Husband too hard on my Jeep

let him do it, when your transmission is screwed up, it will be worth the money to see the embarrased look on his face!

Yes he drives his own the very same way. I gave him some specifics of what he could be damaging, and he said he still doesnā€™t think heā€™s being hard on it, but heā€™ll be easier on it and that he was sorry. My husbands a good man. Just sometimes idiot drivers get the best of him.

Well, if he drives his own car the same wayā€¦ what kind of car is it, how long has he driven it, and what damage has he done to it?

I donā€™t think heā€™s really doing that much. If heā€™s physically slamming it the shifter in to the stop, then thatā€™s bad. If heā€™s making a quick, smooth shift, and not bashing the shifter into its stop, I donā€™t think thereā€™s much wrong with that. This is a waaaaay over complicated thread, and I think ultimately youā€™re talking about something that might possibly take some life off of the transmission. You said heā€™s a good guy, I hope you didnā€™t pull an ā€œI told you soā€ on him.

WOW

marriage counselling on CarTalk!

LOL, and it costs me $150 per hour to get advice like this.

Where to? Why should he not drive your vehicle?

when he takes your jeep, hop in his mustang and go for a ride. tell him every time he takes your jeep you will take his stang. that will put a end to it.