Hundyi and kia don't care about fat people

The federal government does not require that you wear a seat belt. Your state government does.

Your state government also requires you to have a minimum clarity of vision in order to drive, but that doesn’t mean Hyundai has to buy you eyeglasses.

All that aside, the car maker did provide the equipment to meet the law. You then exceeded specifications for that equipment. That’s your fault, not the car maker’s, and so the onus is on you to properly modify the compliant equipment to fit your specifications.

True, but if Kia doesn’t provide the ability to do that, isn’t that then back on them? I have no issue with buying a extender, but if Kia doesn’t make and offer one, and the after market ones won’t work, then what is the consuer to do?

Guess you’d have to lose weight after all. The car company is responsible for meeting safety requirements. It’s not responsible for making sure that everyone on the planet, no matter what his particular situation, is accommodated. It’s not responsible for making sure that their car is tailor made so that you fit in it.

Put another way, if your argument held water, then car makers would be required to provide handicap conversions to all their vehicles for free, because hey, they require brakes, and a disabled guy can’t use the brake pedal, so the car maker has to compensate for that, right?

BTW, the aftermarket one that I showed you would work on any seat belt.

This discussion leads to some inevitable questions:

When our friend, Indy, bought this vehicle a few months ago, did he actually test-drive it?

It seems to me that a test-drive would have revealed the need for a seatbelt extender, and that could have been a deal-closer at the time of purchase. Did he observe a problem with the seatbelts vis-a-vis his body type at the time of purchase? That would have been the perfect opportunity to obtain the extenders at no extra cost.

If the vehicle needed seatbelt extenders several months ago, but he did not obtain them, does that mean that Indy has been driving around sans seatbelts for those months? If so, why is this suddenly a priority?

Or, did Indy gain so much weight in a few months that he suddenly needs a seatbelt extender?

Indy–Can you clarify these points for us?

Yah , huh ?
Shoulda been a deal breaker.

“oh, looks like I’ll need an extender.”
– “We don’t have those.”
“well then , I’ll go somewhere else to buy a car, goodbye.” ( like over to Ford where Ken will give me one, or three, as needed. )

Many MUST HAVES are in fact deal breakers.
Too tall? too small ?
big load ?
big dog ?
kayak, tepee, canoe ?
4x4 , awd ?
family of 9 ???

Deal breakers !
If you can’t use the vehicle as you know you must…don’t buy it !

A) Yes I test drove
B) bought from a BHPH dealership, they don’t deal with those issues
C) I knew the belt was tight when I bought it, but figured I would just go get an extender like I did when I bought a ford.
D) No the seatbelt fits, but it is a tad snug and I would like some more room to move, thus seaking out an extender

No auto manufacturer can be expected to provide a vehicle that fits all humans. The tallest people can’t fit in most (If not all) cars. Who will take up their plight? We get many short drivers asking what cars might fit them. I don’t recall any of them saying that they want a specific car made to fit. I have a neighbor who had her right leg amputated because of cancer. Guess who pays to fit the car with the pedal extender so that she can use her left foot? Heavy people aren’t the only ones that have challenges in daily life, and I well imagine that most of them deal with the challenges themselves.

what is wrong with being fat?

Um, diabetes, infarctions; strokes for starters.

The low carb diets work, but if you use one, be sure to follow all the instructions and recommendations. You can mess yourself up if you don’t read the details and follow them.