How to not get shot when pulled over by Police

Yes… Quite troubling.

4 Likes

So smoking pot is now punishable by summary execution? How about we ask cops to wait until they see a weapon before shooting someone SEVEN FREAKIN’ TIMES!!!

3 Likes

Before you take issue with BLM, think about what those letters stand for: black lives matter. They’re not saying other lives don’t matter. They’re not saying black lives matter more than others, they’re just saying they matter at all. Is that something you really want to take issue with? If so, that puts you in some pretty disgusting company.

I join you in condemning those who riot, but I will not allow you to condemn an organization that has taken a stand against rioting, especially when all the organization is asking is that black lives matter. They’re not asking for much, and if what they’re asking is too much for you to handle, than the organization isn’t the problem, you are.

Do me a favor and prove you’re a decent human being by saying it with me: “black lives matter.” If that’s too tough, try saying “all lives matter.” Either would do.

1 Like

There’s a reason for the BLM movement…I wish there wasn’t a reason…but there is.

There are many area’s in this country where blacks are treated differently then Whites. It’s a fact - get use to it. I’ve seen it. Too bad many people who say All Lives Matter - really mean - All White Lives matter.

1 Like

…and when you see something like this, where we see police give a white man with his hand on his gun unending patience, it really highlights the problem.

Also consider this: After shooting Philando Castile, what did Jeronimo Yanez do? Did he administer first aid? Why wouldn’t he? The only reason I can think of is that Yanez would rather face two living witnesses than three.

2 Likes

Well in further explanation to those that are disturbed and shocked, you need to remember that it was only a couple miles from the location of the shooting, that BLM paraded down a main road chanting “pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon”. Over and over and over again. It made national news prior to the chants in New York of “what do we want? dead cops. When do we want it? Now”. You cannot ignore that has some impact and creates a heightened level of fear from the police when they are making a stop in the same area. You just can’t deny the consequences of these actions.

Secondly, you either believe in the legal system or you don’t. Too often these groups have already decided what the verdict should be before any trial and review of the evidence, and then riot if the result is not what they wanted. Yes they closed down I 94 that same night because they didn’t like the verdict. This is anarchy and ironic since this is what used to happen in the south. Wake up folks.

And you do know that those were NOT the feelings or views of the BLM movement, but a few individuals. Judging a whole group of people by a short observation of a few individuals is not very smart and down right WRONG.

2 Likes

Judging a group by the actions of a few happens to be the definition of prejudice. Coincidence?

2 Likes

The BLM movement doesn’t even judge ALL cops based on the few that have MURDERED UNARMED Africans. They know that most cops are good and try to do the right thing.

3 Likes

…and I couldn’t possibly agree more.

There is simply no excuse for handing someone a badge and a gun without first training them in the use of de-escalation tactics and other non-lethal police tactics.

Clearly, there are police departments, such as the Dallas, TX Police Department, where officers are trained to not kill unarmed civilians, and there are good police officers who don’t put seven bullets into a man without seeing him brandish a weapon first. The ones who kill unarmed civilians and then don’t even bother trying to administer first aid are scum of the earth who give the good ones a bad name.

3 Likes

I think there are legal guidelines that require the officer who shot the person stay away from the victim and someone else administer first aid. That was mentioned in the Tulsa, OK case of Betty Shelby. Carolyn is going to shut this down and probably should.

And judging police nation-wide by the actions of maybe 1% is also pre-judging. Of course no one here pre-judges groups such as car dealers, IT people, corporations, mechanics, English teachers, and so on. Everyone pre-judges based on their world view and experiences whether you want to admit it or not. The idea is not to allow that to blind you to reality or new circumstances.

I guess you didn’t pay much attention to the police station in North Minneapolis pretty much taken over and held hostage pre-judging another incident prior to trial or investigation. Riots in the streets rather than rule of law just like back in the 60s.

Who’s doing that? I’m sure there are some individuals, but I don’t see a whole group doing that. And saying that these individuals may be doing it doesn’t justify it.

Bing - you’re the one’s making generalizations…not me or Whitey.

2 Likes

Another generalization. You have never been wrong.

Nice try. Deflect all you want.

1 Like

OK, cheap shot but I was just waiting to see if you would change your mind about the value of English teachers versus math teachers. For the hours put in, it wouldn’t surprise me if English teachers were around the $15 an hour level whereas math teachers have a home life after school. Yeah maybe another deflection but you gotta admit you don’t change your mind very often.

Now you’re taking what I said and complete twisting it. Again nice try.

I NEVER ONE said anything despairingly against English teachers. The ONLY point I made was there were lot more of them to choose from. Good math teachers were much harder to find. Nothing more.

You do realize that other people besides you and me read this…and know exactly what I’m saying. It’s all for anyone with an IQ over 90 to read and understand.

1 Like

Well I think I’m over 90 but I dunno, I’d have to check. Maybe that’s my problem but I just got the distinct impression you were insulting my wife.

It never ceases to astound me that some people (with obvious prejudices that they don’t want to acknowledge) take that simple statement–Black Lives Matter–and somehow interpret it to mean that other lives don’t matter.

:unamused:

My only point about English teachers is that there are a lot more of them. The tech industry is great competition for math and science teachers. Why teach math when you can get a job in the tech field at 3-4 times the salary.

Some schools are now doing what the public sector is…paying employees based on supply and demand. There are less math and science teachers to pick from so they getting paid more. In the public sector there are far more computer science jobs so salary is going up. The companies that get the crème of the crop pay more. It’s simple.

If I insulted anyone it’s the Math and Science teachers who have degrees in English and History teaching our kids Math and Science. Those school districts (like mine) don’t want to pay more then the average salary to get the qualified teachers…so we loose.