How to make any car.. ... "LOOK WET"

No…you are 100% wrong and off base.

I am part of an 8 man Whaling Crew. There are 33 whaling Crews. More than 600 people move ten miles out upon the frozen ocean ice to hunt & to harvest FOOD!

We live out here for two months or longer. Each whaling crew has 3 women to do all the cooking for the hunters 4 times every day.
Which brings up the question. Where or how do you obtain delicious fresh drinking water when you are surrounded by Salt Water for miles in all directions. This is the very first thing little children are taught out here. Make Fresh Drinking Water !! We need lots of for cooking and drinking every day.

How does a 3 year old child remove ALL of the Salt from a frozen piece of Salt water ice without melting it…Lets see you figure that out.

In order to hunt, We need to make a straight FAST road 10 feet wide ten miles long to transport all the skin boats and everything needed. When we come to a huge piece of ice, we have to go through it not around it.

From mid April to end of August it does not get dark ever. 24/7 of bright brilliant sunlight.
There is no such thing as 24 hours of darkness in the Arctic - We get LIGHT every day of the year.
Whaling is April & May. Temps are 50 below & colder.

The hunters sleep outside - NO TENTS - The women do all the cooking and they sleep in the tent, where it is warm and the food and supplies are stored. It is no easy task for these women to prepare meals for a dozen people 4 times every day.

Hi @MajikImaje. It’s always nice to see new folks around here. But can you please not insult anyone? What you do may not work for others. Thanks.

Thanks for bringing that up… I am sick of all the insults I am receiving from your VALUED members.

If there was one single atom of truth in your statements (and there is not even a fraction of an atom) you know what would have happened decades ago?

The Feds would have mandated this on every car that leaves the assembly line due to the never ending quest to gain even a few hundreths of a MPG to meet EPA fuel mileage regulations. No car leaves the factory with one coat of wax applied much less multiple.
So provide a concise simple reason why the Feds are not mandating what you espouse?

I saw some people disagreed with you, but they didn’t insult you. Mike got a little close, but you did too. It’s ok to disagree with each other.

Wow…just wow.

2 Likes

For the same reason auto’s do not get 100 miles per gallon of gas.
GREED.

Inventor creates incredible 100 mile to the gallon engine using 200-year-old Stirling technology

• A man from Texas has built his device based on the Stirling engine
  • Dr Robert Stirling, a Scottish clergyman, invented the engine in 1818
  • Design combined Stirling engine with modern thermopile technology
  • Inventor will test the engine by driving from East to West coast of US

SUPER EFFICIENT CARS

While most commercial cars can just about manage 60 miles to the gallon if driven carefully, engineers have been building some with truly staggering levels of efficiency.

French team MicroJoule have broken the world record for most efficient gasoline-powered vehicle three times.

In 1999 they managed to squeeze 9,845 miles out of just one gallon of fuel and then in 2001 they beat this with 10,227 miles per gallon.

In 2003 they set a new world record with 10,705 miles per gallon at the annual Shell Eco-Marathon competition.

Yawn…you were saying something about atoms & truth ??

If it never gets dark 24/7. you are just not far enough north.

All of your claims are unbelievable. You cannot get a 5 mph increase wiyj polish and wax and even if you did, it would not be worth 1/2 hour of work every day.

If actually followed your regime would quickly remove the paint from your car, Just how thick do you think the paint is?

Is this a journalism exercise to see how many responses you can provoke?

You realize you’re comparing apples to oranges right?

Let’s see what happens when you take the MicroJoule vehicle, Make it meet modern safety standards, make it seat 4 or 5 people with the modern conveniences and comfort one expects in a modern car. Make offer performance comparable to a typical modern car. And make it somewhat affordable so you can actually sell it. Fuel economy is not going to be remotely close to what the purpose-built engineering exercise produced.

As for the “Texas man makes 100 MPG engine”. We’ve all heard it before. Brown Gas, the mythical 200 MPG carburetor, magic fuel magnets, etc. Nobody has ever produced documented, independently audited/confirmed proof that any of these things live up to the legends that surround them.

1 Like

Two edible fruits that have nothing what so ever to do with any auto.

Neither has anything you’ve posted thus far, but here we are.

6 Likes

Wax may improve the efficiency of a vehicle but if new vehicles were waxed to achieve the the EPA fuel economy and emissions certification “waxing” would need to be on the maintenance schedule in order to maintain that level of efficiency. Vehicle manufactures are not going to go to that extreme, waxing the car is still optional.

OK, now you lost me talking about that 100 mpg carb. That’s as bad as the guy showing my BIL his hydrogen converter at the truck stop. Sorry if I offended anyone but don’t like to see new people pounced on but that’s it, I’m done with this one.

Thank you for clarifying

And you should realize why I asked my question(s)

Up until a few minutes ago, I was not aware that you had described your situation in another discussion . . . you didn’t bring that up in THIS discussion, until I asked if you were part of a chain gang

So somebody without knowledge of the other discussion and your situation might very well arrive at the conclusion I did

No problem what so ever; I live in a completely different world than you do.
Gas is 7 bucks a gallon up here.

so how do you suppose a 3 year old child is able to get all of the salt out of a piece of frozen salt water ice without melting it ? Suddenly…“all the EXPERTS have vanished”

No problem; I seriously doubt very much if anyone can figure this out.
There are two different methods; one way is much faster than the other.

Let’s get back to how to make your car look “Wet” all over !!

Water; hard Carnuba Wax, Plenty of clean rags.

You have to keep rubbing until you get the water…behind the wax.

Yes I am joking / being sarcastic - but you have plenty of time to verify this as TRUE.

I used to think every-time I removed the excess wax and buffed that area; It can’t get any shinier
than it was…WRONG ! When you finally make that shine “POP” you will recognize it.
You have to see it to believe it. The only reason I added to this thread was because I saw that 15 people liked what I had to say. AND I SAY: “thank you” !

I have to apologize to yew tew members of the Mind Meld Club.
I am totally unable to understand what you didn’t say.
are you saying that water and rags cannot clean paint ?

I am not aware of how to translate.
water, wax, rags.
Have you ever read a can of Carnuba Wax ? Mothers Carnuba “CLEANER” Wax.
Haven’t you ever seen those words ??
Please clue me in on what the problem is …I guess that is all above you.
You hide your face in shame for what ?

I assume this came from the Mythbusters episode that tested mileage of a clean car vs. a dirty car. They did get those numbers, but their dirty car had the dirt caked on really thick, and their test was done driving at 65mph, where wind resistance is more of a factor. This says nothing about the mileage obtained in a clean car vs. a clean and waxed car. If the wax has any effect at all, it would probably be miniscule.

Click & Clack addressed this question in one of their columns years ago. They concluded it was bunk, citing boundary layer effects (in other words, the “simple” aerodynamics that the OP mentioned).

https://www.cartalk.com/content/can-you-buff-and-wax-your-way-better-mpg

The question now would be: how much does a layer of wax affect the boundary layer? If it can reduce the amount of turbulent flow vs. laminar flow, it should have an effect, but how much? Also, would 10 layers of wax really have any appreciable extra effect over one layer?

@MajikImaje, where are your citations for the mileage claims, aside from your own anecdotal evidence, which may not be universal? And what does a child removing salt from ice have to do with vehicle aerodynamic effects?

From what I understand (which maybe isn’t much), year-old or more sea ice is fairly salt-free, as the salt is “pushed out” during the freezing process, and any remaining brine in the ice eventually drains out through the ice.

That Mothers Cleaner Wax still requires the finish to be clean before use. The cleaner in the product is a fine polish and is only meant to remove any “sticky stuff” left behind after regular washing. It’s not meant to clean a layer of dirt off of the finish. Any dirt on the surface will be ground in during application.

1 Like

The Reason I posted that photo of the License plate was the Message on the Plate.
Not the Expired Sticker…
People do not visit Alaska to look at registration stickers on license plates.
People fall in Love with Alaska because of the BEAUTY.
But I gotta say in all honesty - Thanks for teaching me. I was focused on the Message.Not the date of an expired sticker I was wrong to do so. . We all see things differently -
I gotta learn how to look for any negative point to elevate and address.
I will practice - Thanks again.

A clean wet rag will clean off any surface. Polishing compound will remove tar and other stuck bugs etc…

First of all…YOU ASSUMED WRONG… no offense. I have never watched Myth Busters.
My source is the airline industry that spends millions of dollars to use liquid wax on Jets for the performance benefits it yields…AT extremely high altitudes!!

Please tell the airline industry they are wrong. I am sure they will reward you handsomely.

The Ocean (take a glass full and drink it) Tell me what you tasted.
In the Arctic the Ocean ice is less than seven months old.
The Ocean in the Chuckchi Sea Freezes in October - May - 7 months later we are living on that ice.
Removing Salt from 7 MONTH OLD frozen ocean ice is very simple - YOU CAN WATCH IT HAPPEN!!

This is how it is done. A 3 year old child points to a piece of ice he wants to take the salt out of.
an Adult has to lift it and set it upright for the child to work on …
The child then gets a very sharp Ulu Knife… He scrapes all the snow, off the top of the ice and all of the sides…THEN HE IS FINISHED !!
That piece of ice is very frosty looking you cannot see through it at all…because it is all SALT!!
Now sit back and watch - time tested technology that is many thousands of years old.
The temp is 30 / 40 below zero…WATCH THAT ICE…Watch what happens…
Look…the ice is getting crystal clear near the top. From the rays of the sun…
Watch the Salt move…inside of the ice it will begin to drop, fall slowly.
When that entire block of ice is crystal clear…ALL THE SALT HAS BEEN REMOVED.
your theory is false that story has nothing scientific to back it up…it was all pure fiction nonsense.
The second way to speed up the process much faster is place that block of ice upon Sand.
The sand which is transported out to the ocean ice…Removes the salt very quickly for the most delicious fresh water you have ever tasted in your life.
Once the Salt has been removed. Then that child will get his T kettle and an ice pick and chop that ice horizontally from the top and fill his kettle. when placed on the wood stove, when melted that water is the best you have ever tasted
I think you need to tell the people in Saudi Arabia they don’t need salt removal plants to purify the water. They just need to freeze if for a year and it falls out naturally! You will save them BILLIONS OF DOLLARS.
I am sure glad I met you! Thanks