How to and what is the difference, AC delco wire set

Hello all,

Does anyone know how to ? and what is the difference between?: 718Q and the 9718Q ac delco spark plug wire set. The dealer claims 9718Q is the same, just a new number, Interesting the 718Q number $30 more.

the 97 is a pro set and the 71 is a doit ur self set or cheaper set.they both will work fine would be my guess.

You can find cheaper and as good or better wire sets besides the dealer. NGK makes a real nice wire set…As good or better then AC/Delco.

Quality aftermarket wires are just as good as OEM but one advantage the OEM has is the wires are the factory length and numbered so there is no excess that can lay on something it should be not be on.

tip #1 wipe anti-sieze on the spark plugs threads when installing them.
#2 coat the inside of the plug boots with dielectric grease, this will prevent the boots from baking onto the plug.

Quality aftermarket wires are just as good as OEM but one advantage the OEM has is the wires are the factory length and numbered so there is no excess that can lay on something it should be not be on.

I don’t buy wires too often…but when I did…EVERY SINGLE AFTERMARKET wire set were the EXACT DIMENSIONS as the OEM wires…and NUMBERED. I guess there were some generic sets that this wasn’t true…but GOOD aftermarket sets fit perfect. In fact I don’t think NGK makes a generic set.

When I bought aftermarket I would not buy the best but never the bottom of the barrel either. I normally got Standard/Blue Streak brand and they were long and not numbered ( that I remember). I did not know top of the line wires were of the correct length.