How Much to Repair Dent?

And 14% inflation, and 12% unemployment.
Yup, those were sweet days alright. :smiley:

Seriously, cars have to do far, far more now than just withstand a 5mph bump.

Thank you so much for the advice! I didn’t think the spoiler could easily be changed because the other one has much more contact with the trunk, but I’ll have a closer look. I did scoop up the other trunk and am now beginning to think it maybe wasn’t a mistake :slight_smile: It’s been really helpful hearing your thoughts etc. I’ll look closer at the trunk lid that I grabbed on Monday and see if the spoiler and emblem can be transferred.

Thanks!!

Don’t Be Afraid Of Stopping By A Reputable Body Shop For Advice. Any Good Shop Welcomes The Chance To Win Friends Because They Know That Every Driver Has The Potential To Become A Future Customer. The Next Time They Meet Somebody Could Be By Accident.

If you’re not treated in a helpful, friendly manor, then try another shop.

CSA

Is there any damage to the energy absorbing structure behind the bumper cover?

But during the late 1970s/early 1980s you could get a loan on a Ferarri, drive it for a couple years, and sell it for more than you paid for it. Do that a few times, and you could buy the Ferarri for the money you made. The Ferarris actually sold for a lot more 2 years after buying it than new. I read that in Car and Driver (Road and Track?). I think they were actually serious! Talk about making lemonade!

a car had to withstand a low speed (5 mph? 10 mph?) collision without significant damage

The standard was 5 mph. It was supposed to reduce insurance costs. It didn’t. It cost MORE! We were subjected to a decade of gawd awful bumpers like this.

They changed the law to 2.5 mph without damage in '82.