How long to replace a fuel pump in a modern car?

I’m researching a topic related to a fuel pump recall in Toyota vehicles. Can any mechanics in the group tell me approximately how long it takes a mechanic to change a fuel pump in a modern Toyota vehicle? I’m not trying to get to the exact minutes. Just a conservative estimate. Thx

What year Camry do you have?

Let’s pick the '18 model year. That is one of the vehicles on the recall list.

This is a general estimate from driverside.com
toyota2018

Takes 2 hours according to this estimate.

Most of those vehicles involved have access panels under the back seat so there isn’t much labor. Labor times for the recall have not been released yet, standard warranty times for the sedans are 0.7 to 0.9 hours. For SUVs; 1.5 to 2.4 hours, for pick ups; 1.0 to 1.5 hours. For retail labor add about 30%.

Toyota put some type of RTV sealant around the access hole trap under the back seat.I remember spending some time taking it off when I replaced the fuel pump in my 99 Corolla.

Isn’t the 2018 Camry direct injected?

And isn’t the high pressure fuel pump mounted on the engine? And not in the gas tank?

Tester

The in-tank fuel pump on many late model Toyota and Lexus vehicles have had a high failure rate during the last two years. The recalls involve many Toyota and Lexus models of certain years ranging from 2014 to 2019.

Yes but the low pressure pump that supplies fuel to the injection pump is in the tank and apparently is problematic on some late model Toyotas.

I don’t see a fuel delivery pump for a 2018 Camry on Rockauto.

Only a high pressure fuel pump?

Tester

I wouldn’t expect to see a part like that for a car that new on a DIY site like Rockauto. Even if there wasn’t a recall the part would still be under factory warranty. But the recall states:

DESCRIPTION OF DEFECT

Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2018-2019 4Runner, Highlander, Camry, Land Cruiser, Sequoia, Sienna, Tacoma and Tundra, and Lexus RC 300, RC 350, GS 350, GX 460, IS 300, LC 500, LS 500, LX 570, RX 350, and 2019 Toyota Avalon and Corolla, and Lexus NX 300, ES 350, and GS 200T vehicles. The low-pressure fuel pump inside the fuel tank may fail.

CONSEQUENCE OF DEFECT

If the fuel pump fails, the engine can stall while driving, increasing the risk of a crash.