How do you remove tranny fluid

A friend called to ask if I would help him move an automatic transmission for a rat rod he is building. I agreed, we picked up the transmission and moved it his place. Along the way, automatic transmission fluid leaked on my plastic bed liner. I went to the spray wash and all it did was spread the fluid into a thin film all over my liner. Any suggestions on how to clean automatic transmission fluid off a plastic bed liner?

Use a degreaser. For jobs like this, I like Simple Green full strength. Use a brush or rag to work it in. Just make sure you rinse it well off any painted surfaces. It should be mild enough not to do damage, but I like being cautious.

Get a bag of Oil-Dri/kitty litter and spread it over the spill.

Let it sit on the spill for a while so it absorbs the tranny fluid. Then sweep it up. Repeat if necessary.

Tester

Try chemicals. It its a thin layer it shouldn’t be that hard. Also that was a big mistake what they did. They should of cleaned it in the position it was in, not spread it. Amateurs. Also this is why people wrap the transmission up also. To avoid leaks etc.

If you ever got that stuff in your hair you know it is hard to get out. I agree though Simple Green is good stuff or a degreaser.

Dawn & hot water.

@insightful‌; beat me to it.

Dawn and hot water.

I gave my wife the tail of a tranny to help me install years ago and she got 90W90 in her hair.

The dawn took it right out…well, in about 3 washings.

I don’t know why but she always balks at helping me now with a tranny.

yosemite